Fees and Financial Aid
Refunds - General University Tuition and Fees
|Course Length||100% Refund Tuition and Fees||50% Refund Tuition Only||No Refund|
|Semester length courses||Prior to and during the first 5 days of instruction for the semester||6th through 10th days of instruction for the semester**||On or after the 11th day of instruction for the semester**|
|Courses meeting more than one week but less than a semester||Prior to and during the first 7 calendar cays of the course***||8th through 14th calendar day of the course***||On or after the 15th calendar day of the course***|
|Courses meeting less than one week in length||On or before the first day of the course||None||After the first day of the course|
| * Drop/Add and Total Withdrawal forms must be submitted to the Registrar's
Office by the deadlines to qualify for refunds.
** The first day of instruction for semester-length courses is the first day of instruction listed in the semester registration class schedule.
*** Student initiated withdrawals are permitted only during the first 60 percent of a course. Therefore, no refunds will be issued after the withdrawal deadline for any course.
If you move off campus or withdraw from the university, room refunds will be given according to the following schedule:
|Withdrawal Period||Refund Amount|
|Class days 1-5||75% of the semester housing charge|
|Class days 6-15||50% of the semester housing charge|
|Class days 16-30||25% of the semester housing charge|
|Beyond 30 days||No refund will be issued.|
Any refund of board charges will be calculated based upon the days remaining in the semester. A service charge of $75 will be subtracted from each refund of board changes, regardless of the date of withdrawal from the board plan. No refunds will be available after the twelfth week of the semester.
If you are withdrawing from courses or canceling enrollment, you must complete an official withdrawal form and turn it in at the Office of The Registrar. Full or partial refund of undergraduate and graduate credit hour fees, and the non-resident tuition and fees will be made under the following circumstances:
- If the courses you registered for are canceled by UAF, your tuition and fees will be refunded in full.
- If you formally withdraw from a course, a refund will be made according to
the following schedule as determined by the date of the formal withdrawal
- For semester-length courses:
- 100 percent refund of tuition and fees - withdrawal prior to and during the first five days of instruction for the semester. ASUAF, parking and Health Center fees will be refunded only if you return your stickers when you withdraw.
- 50 percent refund of tuition only - withdrawal on or after the sixth day through the tenth day of instruction for the semester.
- No refund or exchange of tuition - withdrawal on or after the eleventh day of instruction for the semester.
- For the purpose of the refund policy in A. 1., 2., and 3., the first day of instruction is the date as indicated in the official semester registration class schedule.
- For courses meeting more than one week but less than a semester:
- Refund deadlines for less than semester-length classes are pro-rated based on a 15-week semester.
- No refund - withdrawal on or after the last day for student-initiated withdrawals.
- The first day of instruction is the course start date as indicated in the semester registration class schedule. No refunds will be issued after the official withdrawal deadline for any course.
- The date of withdrawal on your official withdrawal form determines your eligibility for a refund.
- If your registration is canceled as a result of disciplinary action, you forfeit all rights to a refund of any portion of your tuition and fees.
- If you paid fees by personal check, any refund to which you may be entitled will be processed 30 days after your check has been deposited.
- Vocational/technical course fees are subject to this refund schedule.
- In case the operations of UAF are adversely affected by war, riot, natural act, action of civil authority, strike or other emergency or condition, the university reserves the right to take action to curtail part or all of its operations, including action to cancel classes and action to discontinue services. In any case in which a significant curtailment is judged proper by UAF, the university's liability is limited to (at most) a refund of tuition and fees paid.
- For semester-length courses: