College of Liberal Arts
Minimum Requirements for Degree: 120 credits
Downloadable PDF (51K)
Students majoring in Russian studies are encouraged to spend one or two semesters on an exchange program in Russia.
- Complete the general university requirements.
- Complete the B.A. degree requirements.
- Complete the following Russian studies core requirements:*
RUSS 201--Intermediate Russian I 4 credits
RUSS 202--Intermediate Russian II 4 credits
RUSS 301W,O--Advanced Russian 3 credits
RUSS 302W,O--Advanced Russian 3 credits
RUSS 431--Studies in Russian Culture 3 credits
RUSS 432--Studies of Russian Literature 3 credits
RUSS 482--Selected Topics in Russian Literature 3 credits
- Complete 9 credits from the following Russian Studies
ANTH 302--Ethnography of Siberia 3 credits
BA 460O--International Business 3 credits
ECON 463W--International Economics 3 credits
GEOG 306--Geography of Russia 3 credits
HIST 315--Europe: 1900-1945 3 credits
HIST 460--Russian America 3 credits
HIST 464--History of Russia 3 credits
PS 468W--Government and Politics of Russia 3 credits
- Minimum credits required 120
* Student must earn a C grade or better in each course.
Note: BA 460 and ECON 463 are recommended for students who are planning to minor in business administration. Please contact the business administration department for prerequisites.
- Complete the following:
15 credits from the Russian studies core or an advisor-approved combination from the Russian studies core and Russian studies electives. 15 credits
- Minimum credits required 15