Moving out is an easy process.
There are two ways.
TRADITIONAL MOVE OUT:
1. Make an appointment with your Resident Assistant for room move-out.
2. Your Resident Assistant will complete your Room Condition Report and collect your key.
Please note: You have the opportunity to appeal any damages online at https://goo.gl/t0jYks. To be considered your appeal must be completed 24 hours after time of check out.
EXPRESS CHECK OUT:
1. Available to Cutler Apartment, Sustainable Village, and Family, Employee, Graduate Housing residents.
2. Forgo making an appointment with your RA by choosing an Express Check Out.
3. Get an Express Check Out Envelope from the Central Office, complete the form and return it with your key to the Central Office.
Please Note: By choosing an Express Move Out you forfeit your Right to Appeal any Damage Charges found by Residence Life Staff. Please do a very thorough job of cleaning your space if you select this option.
When does my dining plan end? What happens with my meal plan after I move out?
We do not currently offer move-out assistance or long-term storage. If you need to mail things back to you permanent residence you can find many options in the Fairbanks community.
Charges for Improper Move-out
Failure to remove ALL personal belongings (if moving out) may result in additional charges. Keys not turned in at the time of move out will be charged to the student’s university account. Professional staff in the residential area have final decision over damage billing.