Become a Global Ambassador
Are you interested in helping the international community at UAF? Are you a Study Away returnee and wish to share your experience with other students? Are you an International Student enrolled at UAF that is interested in onboarding our new students? Do you enjoy showing fellow students and scholars how to get around the local communities? The Global Ambassador Program might be the place for you!
Your participation as a Global Ambassador will help you:
- Promote a global understanding with the domestic and international communities;
- Dispel misconceptions about other countries and have a chance to share your culture with others;
- Make new friends and learn about new cultures;
- Learn about U.S. culture and beliefs and share with our international population;
- Strengthen intercultural communication, leadership and presentation skills;
- Enhance social media and public relations skills.
Being a Global Ambassador is an exciting opportunity that empowers students to build on their global experience, help their fellow students develop skills and confidence while experiencing a different environment. This unique opportunity will help you to forge life-long friendships and gain diverse perspectives of the world from another culture.
A Global Ambassador is an active voluntary member of IPI. As such, an ambassador is a story-teller – combining the mission and key messages of IPI with personal experiences. In doing so, this allows the most relevant perspectives about the program to be told. Promoting our programs and telling your story can take many forms.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 and enrolled as a full-time student;
- Be reliable and responsible;
- Be friendly, personable, and willing to share stories with others;
- Possess good communication skills and enthusiasm for our programs;
- Participate in regular GAP meetings to plan and discuss activities with the GAP Leads;
- Represent themselves and IPI in a professional manner at all times;
- Commit to a minimum of 3 events/projects per semester;
- Don't be afraid to have fun!
At the end of your participation, you will receive a Certificate of Appreciation by the IPI director. A letter of recommendation with an acknowledgement of your participation, service and dedication to our program may also be provided upon request.
Global Ambassadors interact with students, both incoming international and outgoing study away, and serve as mentors throughout the duration of their program. For further questions, you may contact our current or previous Global Ambassadors to hear about their experience. The Global Ambassador Handbook is also a valuable resource.
If becoming a Global Ambassador sounds like something you would like to do, please Apply Now! The number of students accepted will vary depending upon the availability of staff and resources.