Committees and Advisors
Research and Compliance
Petitions, Advancements, Study Plans, Registration Forms
- Add/Drop Classes
- Graduate Petition
- Graduate Study Plan
- Advancement to Candidacy - Master's Degree
- Need more space? Download the Supplement to Master's Advancement
- Advancement to Candidacy - PhD
- Need more space? Download the Supplement to PhD Advancement
Program Status Forms
- Application for Admission (Online)
- Graduate Reinstatement
- Leave of Absence
- Change/Add Degree, Major, or Certificate Form
- Report on Comprehensive Exam
- Report on Language/Research Tool
- Report on Project Defense
- Report on Thesis/Dissertation Defense
- Request an Outside Examiner
Degree Completion Forms
- Graduation Application (online)
- Project Approval Form (this is the form that certifies that the post-defense copy (a.k.a. final copy) of your project is of reasonably publishable quality and is ready for archiving with the library. This form is to be signed by your Committee and Department Chair AFTER you've passed your defense.)
- Thesis/Dissertation Approval Form (this is the form that certifies that the post-defense copy (a.k.a. final copy) of your thesis/dissertation is of reasonably publishable quality and is ready for publication/archiving. This form is to be signed by your Committee and Department Chair, and dean AFTER you have passed your defense and made any changes required at each level.)
- Thesis/Dissertation Embargo (Delayed Access) Form
- Thesis/Dissertation Publishing Agreement
- Interdisciplinary Degree Title Form
- Thesis/Dissertation Deadline Extension Request
- Graduate Student Employee Workload Exception Request
- Assistantship health insurance information form
LIST OF FORMS WITH DEADLINES AND OTHER INFORMATION...
||POLICY LINKS, FORM INSTRUCTIONS AND DEADLINES
Contact Admissions at email@example.com or 907-474-7500 with questions.
|2||Appointment of Graduate Advisory Committee||Due by the end of your FIRST semester AND anytime your committee members change.
(NOTE: Resigning members must also sign this form; if the department chair is signing on the resigning member's behalf or is exercising their right to remove a member, a justification for doing so must be noted somewhere on the form.)
|3||Graduate Study Plan||Due by the end of your SECOND semester|
|4||Graduate Study Plan - Supplement||Only required if extra space is needed to list courses|
|5||Annual Report of Graduate Advisory Committee||Due every year by May 15th. [If necessary, extensions can be requested through this link.]|
|6||Report on Comprehensive Exam||Required for qualifying exams and/or programs with written or oral comprehensive exams.|
|7||Project Defense Report||Required for students who are completing a project instead of a thesis or dissertation.|
|8||Report on Thesis or Dissertation Defense||Required for all students who are completing a thesis or dissertation.|
|9||Language or Research Tool Requirement Report||ONLY REQUIRED FOR CERTAIN PROGRAMS|
|10||Request for Outside Examiner Form||MANDATORY FOR ALL PHD ORAL COMPREHENSIVE EXAMS (EXCEPT QUALIFYING EXAMS) AND PHD DISSERTATION DEFENSES. REQUESTS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE GRADUATE SCHOOL AT LEAST 10 WORKING DAYS PRIOR TO THE EXAM (15 DAYS IF SCHEDULED DURING THE SUMMER BREAK).
|11||Advancement to Candidacy - Master's Degree||Due at least ONE semester before the semester you intend to graduate.|
|12||Advancement to Candidacy - Master's Degree - Supplement||OPTIONAL: Only required if extra space is needed to list courses|
|13||Advancement to Candidacy - Ph.D. Degree||Per the catalog, PhD students cannot Advance to Candidacy until they have completed a written comprehensive exam.
The Advancement to Candidacy form is due at least ONE semester before the semester you intend to graduate.
|14||Advancement to Candidacy - Ph.D. Degree - Supplement||OPTIONAL: Only required if extra space is needed to list courses|
|15||Graduate Student Petition Form||Required if you deviate from your program requirements or catalog requirements.|
|16||Graduation Application (online form - log in to your UA Google account to access)||Due Oct 15th for Fall, Feb 15th for Spring and June 15th for summer. A $50 non-refundable fee applies.
Late deadlines are Nov 15, March 15 and July 15th, respectively and an $80 fee applies.
|17||Temporary Leave of Absence Request||Required if you need to temporarily suspend studies while earning a graduate degree. If you do not meet registration requirements and fail to obtain a leave of absence, you will be dropped from graduate study and will have to be reinstated before resuming your program.|
|18||Reinstatement to Graduate Student Status||Required for those who wish to resume their studies but who have fallen out of status with regard to the registration requirements in the "How to Earn a Graduate Degree" section of the UAF catalog (NOTE: Reinstatement requires that it has been less than 2 years since your last enrollment in a 400- or 600-level course at UAF. If it has been more than 2 years since your last enrollment, you will have to reapply for admission.)|
|19||Change or ADD Graduate Degree, Major Or Certificate Program|| Changing to a major or degree outside of
your department requires a new application for admission.
|20||Add/Drop Courses||Must be signed by the Graduate School before submitting.|
|21||Interdisciplinary Program Title Form||For those who are pursuing a Interdisciplinary Master's or PhD. This form formally establishes the title of your
program and will be printed on your transcripts and diploma.
|22||Thesis/Dissertation Approval Form||REQUIRED FOR ALL THESIS/DISSERTATION STUDENTS: This form is used to signify final approval of your thesis or dissertation in lieu of (or in addition to) thesis/dissertation signature pages. (NOTE: SOME SCHOOLS STILL REQUIRE THE SIGNATURE PAGE AS WELL AS THIS FORM; CONSULT WITH YOUR DEPARTMENT TO FIND OUT WHETHER THIS APPLIES TO YOU.)|
|23||Project Approval Form||REQUIRED FOR ALL PROJECT STUDENTS: This form is used to signify final approval of your thesis or dissertation in lieu of (or in addition to) thesis/dissertation signature pages.|
|24||Graduate Student Employee Workload Exception Request||Submission of this form is required for Graduate Student Research Assistants or Teaching Assistants who are requesting a waiver to the Board of Regents policy that prohibits working in excess of 20 hours per week or 40 hours per pay period. This form must be completed and signed by all requested parties before any exceptions will be considered. IMPORTANT NOTE: Foreign nationals on temporary student visas (F-1 or J-1) are not permitted to work more than 20 hours per week while classes are in session and, therefore, are not eligible for a workload waiver.|
TO AVOID PROCESSING DELAYS...
...follow these instructions carefully:
- Download the form you need (this is important because otherwise some fields won’t print correctly)
- Fill it out electronically
- (NOTE: You can still complete the form by hand but if you do, please be aware that it will have to be manually processed into your file because the Optical Character Recognition cannot read handwritten entries.)
- Print it out.
- Unless the form explicitly states that specific signatures are not required for your program, you must obtain signatures from all of the following:
- your advisory committee,
- your department chair
- your school/college dean.
- Once you have completed the form and obtained all of the required signatures, please retain a copy for your records then choose an option below:
- MAIL THE FORM TO: PO BOX 757560 FAIRBANKS, AK 99775-7560
- SCAN AND EMAIL THE COMPLETED FORM TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
- HAND DELIVER THE FORM TO: 202 EIELSON BUILDING
You must have a program that will read .PDF documents. If you do not have a program you can download one for free from Adobe. Click here to go to the Adobe web siteáhttp://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/