- Check regularly for news releases on sustainable agriculture, conferences, etc. We also have On the Air recordings on a range of topics from soil sampling to livestock.
- Newsletters: Alaska Invasive Species Working Group Newsletter, Master Gardener Update and the Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Newsletter.
- Alaskan Growers School
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Master Gardener Programs
- Pesticide Safety Education Program (PSEP)
- Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE)
Please also see:
Please see the sub menus at left and visit our publications page for information on a variety of agricultural topics including farm structures, greenhouses, field crops, soil management, horticulture, agricultural business management, pest control and more.
Agriculture and Horticulture in Alaska is distinct. Growers, farmers and gardeners must contend with unpredictably short growing seasons, yearly infestations of various insects, long daylight hours and even the occasional mid-season frost. While consumers may have a difficult time finding informed advice from the “outside,” local Extension Agriculture and Horticulture Agents and Specialists are highly-trained professionals who experience the same challenges as residents.