1999-2000 UAF Catalog
Degrees and Programs
Minimum Requirements for Degree: 120 credits
This program offers qualified applicants the opportunity to expand upon their technical education. The B.T. degree allows students to choose business or interdisciplinary studies.
Business enhances managerial/entrepreneurial skills. Interdisciplinary studies allows the exceptional student to tailor a baccalaureate program to their unique needs. Information and advising for this degree is through the Academic Advising Center.
Technology -- B.T. Degree
1. Complete the general university requirements.
2. Complete the B.T. degree requirements.
3. Complete the following:
- ENGL 314W,O/2 -- Technical Writing (3 credits)
- MATH at the 100-level or above (3 credits)
- TTCH 301 -- Technology and Society (3 credits)
4. Complete 1 of the following specialization options:*
- Computer competency (3 credits)
a. Complete the following:**
- ACCT 161 -- Accounting Concepts and Uses I (3 credits)
- ACCT 262 -- Accounting Concepts and Uses II (3 credits)
- BA 151 -- Introduction to Business (3 credits)
- BA 307 -- Personnel Management (3 credits)
- BA 325 -- Financial Management (3 credits)
- BA 330 -- The Legal Environment of Business (4 credits)
- BA 343 -- Principles of Marketing (3 credits)
- ECON 200 -- Principles of Economics (4 credits)
- STAT 200 -- Elementary Probability and Statistics (3 credits)
- Specialty Electives (3 credits)
- (Advisor approved upper division internship or advanced technical experience.)
5. Complete 30 credits at UAF in the area of specialization (either completed in residence or accepted by transfer as equivalent to specific UAF courses).
6. Complete 1 of the following to demonstrate competence in an applied or technical field:
a. An associate of applied science degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
b. Substitute 1 of the following as a demonstration of competency in an applied or technical field with the approval of the Curricular Affairs Committee of the Faculty Senate:
* A.A.S. or similar degree earned at a nonaccredited institution.
* State or federal certification deemed appropriate by the faculty.
* Journeyman status in trades and industry.
7. Minimum credits required (120 credits)
* Student must earn a "C" grade or better in each course.
** No more than 25% of total coursework may be taken in the School of Management.
*** See "Interdisciplinary Studies" in the Degrees and Programs section.
Note: At least 39 credits must be 300-level or above.
Catalog Index | Class Schedule | Admissions | UAF Home | UAF Search | News and Events
Send comments or questions to the UAF Admissions Office.
Last modified March 10, 1999