2003-2004 UAF Catalog
Degrees and Programs
Engineer of Mines
School of Mineral Engineering
Department of Mining and Geological Engineering
Minimum Requirements for Degree: 30-36 credits
Downloadable PDF (428K)
The engineer of mines degree is a professional degree awarded to UAF engineering graduates who have a minimum of five years of responsible engineering experience.
Engineer of Mines -- E.M. Degree
- Complete the following admission requirements:
- Complete a UAF School of Mineral Engineering degree.
- Complete a resume of engineering work experience and synopsis of proposed thesis topic.
- Complete the general university requirements.
- Complete the Engineer of Mines degree requirements (page 48).*
- Complete a thesis.**
- Minimum credits required (30-36 credits)
* Class work beyond the initial degree is not required, but may be
** Registration at UAF during the semester of the thesis submittal is required.