Degrees and Programs
Engineer of Mines
School of Mineral Engineering
Department of Mining and Geological Engineering
Minimum Requirements for Degree: 30-36 credits
The engineer of mines degree is a professional degree awarded to UAF engineering graduates who have a minimum of five years of responsible engineering experience.
Engineer of Mines -- E.M. Degree
1. Complete the following admission requirements:
a. Complete a UAF School of Mineral Engineering degree.
b. Complete a resume of engineering work experience and synopsis of proposed thesis topic.
2. Complete the general university requirements.
3. Complete the Engineer of Mines degree requirements.*
4. Complete a thesis.**
5. Minimum credits required (30-36 credits)
* Class work beyond the initial degree is not required, but may be recommended.
** Registration at UAF during the semester of the thesis submittal is required.
Index | Class Schedule |
UAF Home | Search
| News | Directory
| Site Map | Events
| Contact Us
Send comments or questions to the UAF
March 28, 2002 by University Relations Web Developer.