1930 Yukon Drive
The Reichardt Building, completed in 1994 and originally named the Natural Sciences Facility, was the first new classroom building built on the Fairbanks campus since 1971. The three-story 117,435-square-foot steel-frame structure opened for classes in September 1995.
The Reichardt Building is home to the College of Natural Science and Mathematics. The building features large lecture halls, classrooms, state-of-the-art laboratories, equipment storage, offices and research space. It also houses a geochronology laboratory as well as the Noyes Physics Student Computer Lab and the Pearl Berry Boyd Hall, a 200-seat lecture room, which can be split into two 100-seat sections.
The building is named in honor of provost emeritus Paul Reichardt. Reichardt was instrumental in securing the funding necessary to build the facility. During his 35-year tenure at UAF, Reichardt served as a chemistry professor, interim director of the UA Museum, dean of the College of Natural Sciences and dean of the College of Science, Engineering and Mathematics. He was named provost in 1998 and served in that position under three chancellors at UAF. He was named professor of chemistry and provost, emeritus, at UAF's commencement ceremonies May 13, 2007.