Student Presenter Resources
Free poster printing is available for undergraduate students who participate in Research and Creative Activity Day.
Posters may be sized up to 36" x 48" (the maximum size our printer will accomodate).
Files must be less than 50 MB.
- URSA-funded research posters must include the URSA logo (please see following section
for files). If your poster has been printed for another event and does not have the URSA logo,
that's fine - you may use that poster for RCA Day.
- Please do not use gradient backgrounds as they will not print correctly.
FYI: Posters are printed on matte poster paper. Please contact the URSA office for any additional details.
If you choose to also include a UAF logo, please make sure to follow the instution's branding guidelines. The UAF logo page offers a variety of styles and sizes.
See UAF's ScholarWorks URSA Archive for examples of past URSA Posters!
There are numerous poster templates available online for free.
Here are two of the many examples available:
You may also see the RCA Poster Archives for more inspiration.
*Please format video recordings in widescreen format (rather than portrait).*
Video recording and editing tools
Recommended/ accessible tools:
- Zoom (Presentation with poster shared on screen)
- Kaltura Personal Capture (Mac & Windows)
- Basic recording tools:
- Entry-level editing tools:
- Intermediate & Advanced Editing Tools
- The UAF Communication Center increases the personal, professional, and civic impact of UAF by enhancing the communication competence of its community members.
- They are a student-focused resource center that offers assistance and coaching services for a wide range of needs, including: speech outline structuring, critical listening, topic selection, presentation practice, thesis statements development, nonverbals, communication anxiety management, mock interview prep, visual aid assistance, video review, and more!
- Schedule a one-on-one 30 minute session with a Communication Coach. (*The majority of coaching sessions will be held virtually for AY22-23.)
URSA has an in-house full format printer and will print posters for any undergraduate student presenting at a conference!
As soon as you confirm your presentation and finalize your poster, please contact us with the date you would like to pickup you poster. Advance notice of at least a week is requested to ensure the printer is supplied and properly serviced.
See the poster design resources above for printing specifications. To request a poster print, please contact URSA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Poster Board Loan
23 poster boards are available for loan from URSA for research-related events.
These 4' x 8' boards belong to the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) and are co-managed by URSA and the Biology & Wildlife Department. Borrowers must arrange for pick up and delivery from the Murie Science Building.
Please see the calendar below for poster board availability and contact the URSA office and B&W (email@example.com) to reserve: