Innovative Technology and Education (ITE) Awards
Undergraduate, graduate students, postdoctoral researchers, staff and faculty requiring technology-related equipment and/or software for student-based instruction and/or research are invited to apply for an URSA Innovative Technology and Education (ITE) Award of up to $7,500. Funds for these awards come from a percentage of student fees. Applicants are limited to two ITE awards every three years. This policy allows for a greater number of individuals to receive awards.
Applications will open on February 11, 2019 and the deadline to apply is March 10, 2019.
Award selections by the URSA ITE Review Panel will be based on:
- Written quality of the proposal and purpose of the equipment/software
- Direct benefit to the educational experience of students (including the number of students benefiting from the equipment/software)
- While the subject and results may contribute to an individual faculty member’s program of instruction, research or creative scholarship, the use of technology-related equipment/software must involve undergraduate and/or graduate students
- Implementation schedule (all equipment/software will be the property of the awardee’s department; therefore, the overseeing department must be identified in the proposal)
- Detailed list of equipment/software with specifications and costs (a copy of the cost estimate from the manufacturer/supplier must be provided)
- Maintenance plan for the equipment/software
- Funds must be spent no later than June 30, 2018