UAF graphic identity guidelines exemption application
Requests for exemptions from UAF graphic identity guidelines will be reviewed by the UAF Graphic Identity Committee and approved by the chancellor sparingly. Any unit applying for an exemption must make a compelling argument that goes beyond funding sources. Before applying for an exemption, please consider the following questions:
- Does funding for your school/department/center/program come from UAF, an external agency or both?
- Which entity is better known: UAF or your school/department/center/program?
- Does using the UAF logo violate laws, contractual agreements or regulations imposed by an external agency?
- Does your school/department/center/program use UAF resources?
- How important is the UAF association to incoming students, funding agencies or your target audience?
- How similar are UAF and your school/department/program in personality and mission?
- Do you have adequate resources to market and promote your school/department/program on your own?
- Would using the UAF logo substantially hinder your communications goals?