2011-2012 Committee on the Status of Women
2011-12 Meeting Schedule
Spring 2012 Semester:
- May 10, 2012
- Friday, April 27: Promotion and Tenure Workshop
- To view the recording of the workshop:
- Click on this URL https://elive.uaf.edu/play_recording.html?recordingId=1233801250389_1335546536769
- In the #2 portion of the page that comes up, leave the access button as guest, AND enter an email address and name in the blanks. Then click on the Play button in the lower right hand corner.
- Click on OK in the dialog box that comes up (to open Java and to see the recording) The recording will eventually open in an Elluminate Live window indicated by a light bulb icon in the identifier bar.
- Friday, March 29, 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM at 718 Gruening Building
- Friday, February 17, 2012, 10-11 AM at 718 Gruening Building
Fall 2011 Semester:
Melanie Arthur, CLA (12)
Nilima Hullavarad, INE (13)
Stefanie Ickert-Bond, IAB (12)
Jessica Larsen, GI (12)
Jenny Liu, CEM (13)
Ellen Lopez, CLA / CANHR (13)
Shawn Russell, CRCD (14)
Derek Sikes, CNSM (13)
Kayt Sunwood, Women's Center
Jane Weber, CRCD (14) – Chair/Convener
Johnny Payne, CLA Dean
Voting Ballot for the 2012-14 Seats on CSW
Voting is open from March 19 through April 6, 2012.
To vote for the 2012-14 seats on CSW, please go to the Google Form linked below. There are three open seats to be filled. You may vote for up to three individuals. Please check no more than three boxes on the ballot, and then click the Submit button at the bottom of the voting page. Thank you.
April 9 Update:
The three new 2012-2014 members of CSW are:
- Diana Di Stefano
- Mary Ehrlander
- Megan McPhee
Congratulations! And, thank you to all who participated!
2012-2013: 8th Annual CSW Women Faculty Luncheon
- Save the date! Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2012, from 12:30 - 2:30 PM at the Wood Center Carol Brown Ballroom.
- Keynote Speaker: Dr. Sharon Bird, Professor of Sociology and Research Director, ISU ADVANCE at Iowa State University
- Download the flyer (PDF)
Annual Promotion and Tenure Workshop
Planning Strategically for Promotion & Tenure (PDF flyer)
- April 27, 10:00 AM to 12 Noon, at the Regents' Conference Room (109 BUTRO)
- Sponsored by the Committee on the Status of Women
- Please download the flyer (linked above) for eLive participation information.
- All UAFT and UNAC faculty are welcome to attend.
Brown Bag Lunch Events
2011-12 Brown Bag Lunch Discussions:
Career Development (PDF) held on March 22, 2012
Negotiating with Deans (PDF) held on February 16, 2012
Having It All -- And Feeling Good About It! (PDF) held on Friday, Nov. 4, 2011
Add Sexual Orientation & Stir (PDF) held on Tues., Oct. 11, 2011.
7th Annual Women Faculty Luncheon
The 7th Annual Women Faculty Luncheon on Tuesday, October 4, 2011.
- Pictures from the Luncheon
- Location: The Wood Center Carol Brown Ballroom
- This year's guest speaker is Dr. Carol Gold, Emeritus Professor of History.
- Did you miss the luncheon? You can access the video recording at: