Indigenous Programs and Research
The identified four R's of Indigeneity*, Relationship, Responsibility, Reciprocity, and Redistribution guide the Indigenous programs and research that will be housed in the Troth Yeddha' Indigenous Studies Center.
The Troth Yeddha' Indigenous Studies Center will serve as the academic home to a wide selection of programs from occupational endorsements, certificates, associate, bachelor's, to master’s and doctoral programs.
CRCD campuses also offer non-degree path courses throughout the year. Visit the UAF class schedule search for an updated list of all course offerings.
- Basic Carpentry, O.E. (Fairbanks, AK)
- Facility Maintenance, O.E. (Fairbanks, AK)
- High Latitude Range Management, Cert. (Nome, AK)
- Iñupiaq Language, B.A. (Fairbanks, AK)
- Native Language Education, Cert., A.A.S. (Fairbanks, AK)
- Rural Human Services, Cert. (Fairbanks, AK and Bethel, AK)
- Wildland Fire Science, Cert. (Fairbanks, AK)
- Yup’ik Language and Culture, Cert., A.A.S., B.A. (Fairbanks, AK)
All programs can be completed through 100% online coursework. Some programs are offered with online meeting times (synchronous) and some are offered with no meeting times (asynchronous). For specific information on delivery-method, visit the program page you are interested in.
- Alaska Native Studies, B.A. (in-person options in Fairbanks, AK)
- Associate of Science, A.S.
- Child Development and Family Studies, B.A.
- Content Creation, O.E.
- Ethnobotany, O.E. (in-person options in Bethel, AK)
- Human Services, A.A.S.
- Indigenous Studies, M.A., Ph.D.
- Rural Development, B.A., M.A. (in-person options in Fairbanks, AK)
- Sustainable Energy, O.E. (in-person options in Dillingham, AK)
- Tribal Governance, Cert., A.A.S.
- Tribal Justice, O.E.
*La Donna Harris and Jacqueline Wasilewski