There are hundreds of reasons why you should choose Alaska!
- Choose from 250+ courses
- Save with In-state tuition for everyone during the summer
- Courses have variable start and end dates beginning May 26–August 14
- 8 colleges and schools, 167 degrees and certificates in 128 disciplines
- 28 Doctoral and 63 Master’s Programs from Anthropologyto Space Physics
- Student to faculty ratio is 12:1
- Students from over 47 countries attend UAF
- Live in on-campus housing minutes away from theclassrooms
- Learn English with our customized Language Programs
- Take field-based classes throughout Alaska
Students Currently NOT in the United States
Important Note: Form I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for use in applying for F-1 (student) visas will be issued to qualified international students who attend a summer course or courses for credit at the University of Alaska Fairbanks.
Early application is advisable as places in courses are limited and allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Deadline for 2015 is March 16. Please let the Summer Sessions office know of your plans as soon as you decide to apply. Summer Sessions will work with you throughout the application process.
Apply by downloading the 2015 International Student Summer Application. Once you have completed the relevant sections, mail the form and required supporting documents to the following address:
Summer Sessions & Lifelong Learning
University of Alaska Fairbanks
PO Box 757540
Fairbanks, AK 99775
1. Please ensure that you have read the terms and conditions and language requirements on the International Student Summer Application before applying.
2. Original documents are mandatory to approved your application. However, you can email the documents to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get the process started while the original documents are in the mail. Be sure to back out all but the last two digits of any identifying numbers such as bank accounts.
3. Some emails sent from our office are occasionally redirected to junk or spam folders. Please ensure that you check these folders regularly once you have applied.
4. If you are applying as part of an institutional group, you should send your application form to your group contact.
- Signed application form
- Language proficiency verification:
- If your native language is not English, a minimum TOEFL score of 80 (internet-based), 213 (computer exam) or 550 (paper exam) is required. OR The minimum required IELTS score is 6.5. This requirement is waived for students recommended by their home institution, if their home institution is a UAF partner institution (bilateral exchange or north2north).
- Financial support documentation in English.
Applications received via fax or post or email:
Confirmation of receipt of your application will be sent via email.
If all requirements are met and all information is received, your application will be accepted for processing.
If your application is incomplete, or any supporting documents are missing, you will be contacted via email. Your application will be assigned as 'pending'* until the issue is resolved.
Congratulations on being accepted to the University of Alaska Fairbanks! We are excited that you will be joining our summer learning community and want to do everything possible to help you feel welcome. You are joining a proud academic community with many members spread around the globe! We look forward to your arrival. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Once you are formally accepted to UAF, the Office of International Programs & Initiatives provides you with your official letter of admission. We will send that letter along with your immigration documents (Form I-20).
Other important links:
Customized Intensive English Language Program
The IELP at University of Alaska Fairbanks can help you improve your English skills whether your goals are for educational, business or personal reasons. By living "in the language," you will learn English more efficiently. Fairbanks community is a small but welcoming university town with an amalgamation of different cultures. You can explore US norms and traditions in addition to exploring Alaska’s wilderness.
Explore our IELP program.
For more information, please contact Michelle Bartlett at +1-907-474-7021 or email email@example.com