There are hundreds of reasons why you should choose Alaska!
- Choose from 300+ courses
- Save with In-state tuition for everyone during the summer
- Variable dates May 28–August 16
- 8 colleges and schools, 167 degrees and certificates in 128 disciplines
- 28 Doctoral & 63 Master’s Programs from Anthropologyto Space Physics
- Student to faculty ratio is 12:1
- Students from over 47 countries attend UAF
- Live in on-campus housing minutes away from the classrooms
- Learn English with our customized Language Programs
- Take field-based classes throughout Alaska
Students Currently NOT in the United States
Important Note: Form I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for use in applying for F-1 (student) visas will be issued to students who attend a summer course or courses at the University of Alaska Fairbanks for credit.
Individuals may enter US as a visitor and audit a UAF course. This means no credit will be earned but the same costs will be charged.
Early application is advisable as places on courses and in colleges are limited and allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Deadline for 2014 is March 15.
Applicants can apply now by downloading the 2014 application form (PDF). Once you have completed the relevant sections, send the form to the following address.
Summer Sessions & Lifelong Learning
University of Alaska Fairbanks
PO Box 757540
Fairbanks Alaska 99775
Phone: + 1-907-474-7021
1. Original documents are mandatory to process your application. However, you can email the documents to us to get the process started.
2. Some emails sent from our office are occasionally redirected to junk or spam folders. Please ensure that you check these folders regularly once you have applied.
3. If you are applying as part of an institutional group, you should send your application form to your group contact.
4. Please ensure that you have read the terms and conditions and language requirements before applying.
- Signed application form
- Language proficiency information:
- If your native language is not English, a minimum TOEFL score of 80 (internet-based), 213 (computer exam) or 550 (paper exam) is required. OR The minimum required IELTS score is 6.5. This requirement is waived for students recommended by their home institution, if their home institution is a UAF partner institution (bilateral exchange or north2north).
Please complete your payment details on the application form.
Applications should reach the Summer Sessions office by March 15, 2014.
Applications received via fax or post or online:
Confirmation of receipt of your application will be sent via email.
If all requirements are met/all information is received, your application will be processed and accepted.
If your application is incomplete (e.g. missing language information) you will be contacted via email. Your application will be assigned as 'pending'* until the issue is resolved.
Congratulations on being accepted to the University of Alaska Fairbanks! We are excited that you will be joining our community, and want to do everything possible to help you feel welcome. You are joining a proud academic community with many members spread around the globe! We look forward to your arrival. Please, let us know if you have any questions or if we can do anything to ease your arrival.
Once you are formally accepted to Office of International Programs & Initiatives provides you with your official letter of admission. We will send that letter to your home international exchange coordinator, along with your immigration documents (Form I-20), assuming you have submitted proof of funding and a copy of your passport (if you have not submitted those documents, the issuance of your I-20 will be delayed). Along with your I-20, you will receive other important information.
Other important links:
Customized Intensive English Language Program
The IELP at University of Alaska Fairbanks can help you improve your English skills whether your goals are for educational, business or personal reasons. By living "in the language," you will learn English more efficiently. Fairbanks community is a small but welcoming, a university town with an amalgamation of different cultures. You can explore US norms and traditions in addition to exploring Alaska’s wilderness.
Explore our IELP program.
For more information, please contact Michelle Bartlett at +1-907-474-7021 or email email@example.com
Students Currently IN the United States
Click on the links below for more information: F-1 status: Under current immigration regulations, you may take classes at other U.S. schools without additional immigration authorization. Registration: International students currently IN the United States can register the same way that other summer UAF students register. Go to our registration page for detailed instructions on registration.