Emerging Scholars Academy
What is it?
A nine-day intensive summer bridge program and year-long cohorted learning community that includes:
- 1 credit Math Preparation course to ensure correct ALEKS placement
- Behind the scenes tours of campus and research facilities
- Troubleshoot problems with financial aid, course registration, and admission to UAF
- Panel discussions with professors, current and past students, and administrators
- Exciting outdoor Alaskan field trip with staff and faculty
Year-long Cohorted Learning Community:
- 1 credit College Success Skills course (fall)
- 3 credit General Education Requirement course (fall)
- 3-4 credit General Education Requirement course (spring)
- Academic coaching sessions with SSS advisor
Each program track (STEM and Classic) is designed for 15 students who plan to attend at least one class in-person in the fall.
How do I qualify?
You qualify if you meet the following criteria:
- Incoming first-year students for Fall 2021
- Intending to enroll full-time in a bachelor's program
- Place into WRTG 111X (preferred)
- Join the Student Support Services program
- Plan to attend UAF in-person this fall
- SAVE more than $2,000 in tuition!
- Earn between 8-9 FREE credits, including General Education Requirements
- EARLY move-in to on campus housing (early move in is pro-rated)
- Make FRIENDS that can last throughout your entire college career!
Should you apply?
Are you an incoming first-year student for the Fall 2021 semester? Consider applying for the Emerging Scholars Academy (ESA) on the UAF Campus. The application period will open in the Spring, please check back to apply online.
How much does ESA cost?
- There is ZERO cost to the student! ESA is a federally funded program offered exclusively by Student Support Services.
*Subject to change
|Apply for SSS||June|
|Apply for Emerging Scholars Academy||June - July|
Participate in Emerging Scholars Academy!