Voluntary Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
What is VITA?
Great Alaska Accounting People (GAAP) provides free income tax assistance, preparation, and electronic filing as part of the IRS Voluntary Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. Learn more on the IRS website.
We cannot prepare returns for: pension earners, military members, capital gains from sale of stock or other assets, annuities, IRA distributions, social security income, rental or farm income, health savings account deductions, general business credit, household employment taxes, Alternative Minimum Tax, or self-employed taxpayers who don’t fit Schedule C-EZ.
When is VITA?
In 2015, VITA will be offered in the Bunnell Building on the following dates and locations:
- February 16 and 23, 2015, from 5-7:30pm - Bunnell Room 111
- March 7 and 28, 2015, from 10:30am-2:30pm - Bunnell Room 319
- April 4 and 11, 2015, from 10:30am-2:30pm - Bunnell Room 319
Check back in the new year for dates and times for the VITA 2016 program.
What do I need?
Bring all relevant tax documents including:
- W-2s, 1099s, and other tax documents for income and deductions
- Documentation to substantiate education expenses
- Social Security Cards for taxpayer, spouse, and all dependents
- Picture ID for taxpayer and spouse
- Account information for direct deposit/payment (on personal check)
- If filing jointly, both you and your spouse must be present.
Who should I contact with questions?
For more information, please contact VITA Coordinator Ashley Baldwin at email@example.com or 474-7121.