Plant cultivar trials for vegetables, flowers, and herbs are conducted every year at the Alaska Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station Georgeson Botanical Garden which is at the fairbanks Experiment Farm. Trials of field crops are conducted at the Fairbanks Experiment Farm and at the Matanuska Experiment Farm at Palmer.
Trials at the botanical garden consist of new and standard cultivars suitable for small market gardens and home gardens in the Tanana Valley, Alaska. Plot sizes are small, and results do not necessarily reflect yield and produce quality that might be expected on large farms. Positive results should be viewed as cultivars worth further testing at the great diversity of commercial and home gardens throughout Alaska.
- VT 2017 - 01 - Vegetable Variety Trials 2017
- VT 2011 - 01 - Annual Flowering Plant Evaluations 2010
- VT 2010 - 02 - Annual Vegetable Evaluations 2009
- VT 2010 - 01 - Annual Flowering Plant Evaluations 2009
- VT 2009 - 02 - Annual Vegetable Trials 2008
- VT 2009 - 01 - Annual Flowering Plant Evaluations 2008
- VT 2008 - 03 - Annual Herb Evaluations 2007
- VT 2008 - 02 - Annual Vegetable Trials 2007
- VT 2008 - 01 - Annual flowering Plant Trials 2007
- VT 2007 - 01 - Annual flowering Plant Evaluations 2006
- VT 2007 - 02 - Vegetable Trials, 2006
- VT 2007 - 03 - Herb Evaluations, 2006