1.) Please complete all fields with your personal information.
2.) Complete each question by selecting the most correct answer. A score of 100% is required for passing.
3.) When complete, please click “Submit to EHSRM” button.
Department PO Box Number:
Employee or Student Identification Number:
1. Because you work with chemicals in a laboratory, federal law (OSHA) requires that you be familiar with:
2. At the end of the work day, chemicals that have been used for experiments should be:
3. Which of the following is NOT acceptable in a lab where chemicals are used:
4. Solvents should never be used for washing your hands after working in the lab because:
5. Dan uses phosphoric acid in his work, and spends about 4 hours per day working with this chemical. He wears disposable nitrile gloves, which are acceptable to use with this chemical. Which of the following is TRUE regarding Dan’s use of these gloves?
6. Flammable chemicals are color-coded:
7. Corrosive chemicals are color-coded:
8. Health hazards are color-coded:
9. When diluting strong acids, you should:
10. Sodium nitrate, silver nitrate, nitric acid, and perchloric acid are all examples of:
11. Examples of physical hazards that may be encountered in a lab include ALL of the following, EXCEPT:
12. To prevent backwashing of chemical vapors out of a chemical fume hood, all work should be conducted at least _____ inside the fume hood.
13. A lab worker has just spilled concentrated hydrochloric acid all over the front of his/her lab coat. The quantity is sufficient to have soaked through the lab coat and has gotten the clothing underneath wet. In addition to notifying his/her supervisor as soon as possible of the accident, s/he should:
14. Which of the following statements is TRUE concerning chemical storage in a lab?