Alaska Native Scholarship
- Applicant must be a first year college/university student at UAF.
- Applicant must be accepted to UAF at the time of selection.
- Applicant must be Alaska Native
- Applicant must be between 17 – 25 years of age at the time of selection.
- Preference given to applicants residing in rural Alaska.
- Preference given to applicants majoring in an education field (other fields are considered so we encourage all students to apply).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
$500.00 for each of the Fall and Spring semesters up to a maximum of eight semesters.
Recipients must complete at least 12 credits each semester with a minimum 2.0 GPA in order to remain eligible. Once awarded, subsequent semester enrollments must be continuous at UAF to maintain eligibility.
- Application form
- Copy of tribal enrollment or BIA CIB
- Current resume or summary of extra-curricular activities
- One page essay on the topic "How I will contribute to education in Alaska."
If you opt to use the online application, you may upload your supporting documents in the appropriate section.
You may apply online using the following application or pick up a paper copy from Rural Student Services.
Complete application must be received no later than July 22nd, 2018.