CRCD Scholars Award
AY 2020-21 Scholarships
- Announcement Date: June 18, 2020
- Funding Periods: Fall 2020, Spring 2021, Summer 2021
The University of Alaska Fairbanks received funds provided by Congress under Section 18004 (a)(2) of the CARES Act, “Strengthening Institutions Program and Minority Serving Institutions”. The College of Rural and Community Development (CRCD) will receive $250,000 of this distribution, in support of “Recruitment, Retention and/or Completions”.
This funding provides support to higher education students affected during the COVID-19 pandemic and will be made available for eligible CRCD students through the summer 2021 semester (FY21).
- The CRCD Scholars Award is available to degree seeking students enrolled in any CRCD
degree program or attending through any rural campus in Dillingham, Kotzebue, Bethel,
Nome, and Interior Alaska.
- Students must be admitted to UAF or have applied for UAF admissions for the semester
in which they are applying for funding.
- Students must be enrolled in at least 3 UAF credits.
- Students must file a 2020/21 FAFSA (free application for federal student aid) to be
considered for funding. Campuses and departments are responsible to ensure eligibility
within the University of Alaska system.
- Students must be academically and Financial Aid eligible to receive scholarship awards.
Students may receive up to but may not exceed the following amounts:
- Part-time students: $750 per semester (totaling $1,500 for FY21)
- Full-time students: $1,500 per semester (totaling $3,000 for FY21)
Eligible students may reapply for Scholars Award funding every semester through summer 2021 in which they are enrolled. Scholars Award funding can be used to cover the following:
- Tuition and fees
- Books and course materials
- Admission application fees
- Housing / Meals
- Graduation application fees
Scholarships MAY NOT be used to lift student holds or to pay off existing student debt.
Application format and submission procedures
Applications can be completed online using the following link or you can download a paper application and submit to your CRCD campus/department advisor.
Child Development and Family Studies
Toll Free: 888-560-5860