CRCD Scholars Award
Fall 2021 Scholarships
- Announcement Date: July 30, 2021
- Funding Periods: Fall 2021
The University of Alaska Fairbanks received funding through the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriation (CRRSA) Act. This funding provides support to higher education students affected during the COVID-19 pandemic. The College of Rural and Community Development (CRCD) will receive $100,000 of this distribution, with prioritization given to “students with exceptional financial need.”
The funding will be used to support student success through scholarships through December 31, 2021.
- The CRCD Scholars Award is available to degree seeking students enrolled in any CRCD
degree program or attending through any rural campus in Dillingham, Kotzebue, Bethel,
Nome, and Interior Alaska.
- Students must be admitted to UAF or have applied for UAF admissions for the semester
in which they are applying for funding.
- Students must be enrolled in at least 3 UAF credits.
- Students must be academically and Financial Aid eligible to receive scholarship awards.
Students may receive up to but may not exceed the following amounts:
- Part-time students: $750 per semester (totaling $1,500 for FY21)
- Full-time students: $1,500 per semester (totaling $3,000 for FY21)
The CRCD Scholars Award funding can be used to cover the following:
- Tuition and fees
- Books and course materials
- Admission application fees
- Housing / Meals
- Graduation application fees
Scholarships MAY NOT be used to lift student holds or to pay off existing student debt.
Application format and submission procedures
Applications can be completed online using the following link or you can download a paper application and submit to your CRCD campus/department advisor.
Child Development and Family Studies
Toll Free: 888-560-5860
Alaska Native Language Programs