RHA can provide funds to residence halls for events or supplies for the community such as kitchen utensils and board games.
RHA hosts a General Assembly meeting every other Monday at 8:00pm in the Hess Rec Center! RHA serves as the representative body for the on-campus student population by hosting various events throughout the year.
Spring 2019 General Assembly Meetings
February 11 / February 25 / March 25 / April 8 / April 22
Apply Today! RHA is a great way to get involved on campus, navigate campus resources, and meet new people to make a positive impact in your community.
Click the link above to email the advisor of RHA.
Elizabeth Radman, RHA Advisor, Employee, Family, and Graduate Housing Resident Director.
Connect with Liz at (907) 474-1912.
WELCOME FROM YOUR RHA!
To all of you who are new to our campus, Welcome! To those of you returning, Welcome Back!
The Residence Hall Association (RHA) would like to welcome everyone to the Home of the Nanooks! We look forward to building a community together that makes our Fairbanks campus feel like your home away from home!
RHA is a student-led organization made up of residents like you. In fact, if you are new, you have already joined your first club as all on-campus residents are members of RHA! As an organization, RHA seeks to enhance the Residence Life experience and provide students with opportunities to voice concerns and provide feedback to Residence Life and other university administrators and organizations.
We look forward to sharing new experiences and Nanook traditions with you this upcoming year, and we hope to see you at our social and community service events! We would also like to invite you to our general assembly meetings which are open to all on-campus residents. During these meetings, you can share your ideas for ways that we can advocate for your needs and help create a great experience for all Nanooks on campus.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, we encourage you to contact our executive board directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT IS RHA?
The Residence Hall Association is made up of students like you. In fact, all on-campus residents are members of RHA! As an organization, RHA seeks to enhance the quality of the Residence Life experience and provide a cohesive voice for residents by addressing concerns of the on-campus population to Residence Life and other university administrators and organizations.
RHA is a platform for students to discuss concerns, plans social and educational events on campus, and organize philanthropic events to benefit on-campus residents and the greater Fairbanks community alike. Additionally, RHA can provide funds to residence halls for events or supplies for the community such as kitchen utensils and board games. (See our Funding Proposal Form)
RHA is not only a great place to meet friends; but as a hall representative or executive board member, you’ll have the opportunity to have your voice heard, contribute positively to your residential environment, and get involved in social, educational and community service events — all while expanding your resume!
RHA is your Residence Hall Association — a student-led organization serving as an advocate for students’ needs, concerns and interests. Through its work, RHA is here to encourage students to invest and engage in their campus community and connect to the larger community of Fairbanks. During the academic year, RHA will provide opportunities for community service and host social events while continuously acting as a resource to all on-campus residents at University of Alaska Fairbanks.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
RHA EXECUTIVE OFFICER RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following are some position-specific responsibilities executive officers are tasked with:
- All executive officers are expected to attend bi-weekly RHA Executive Board meetings and bi-weekly RHA general assembly meetings. These meetings will be held on opposite weeks.
- All executive officers are expected to support and participate in RHA events and programs.
- Meet with RHA advisor weekly
- Write agendas for bi-weekly RHA meetings
- Facilitate bi-weekly RHA meetings
- Act as liaison between Residence Life and on-campus resident population
- Set timeline and basic plan for major RHA events the following year including elections
VICE PRESIDENT —
- Oversee event planning and delegate tasks
- Supervise all RHA marketing initiatives
- Regularly update RHA social media pages
- Facilitate bi-weekly RHA meetings in the absence of the RHA President
- Assist in the planning for major RHA events the following year including elections
- Record and distribute meeting minutes
- Maintain attendance records for both RHA Exec. Board and general assembly meetings
- Create and update roster of RHA members
- Communicate RHA business to RHA members and general campus population
- Update and distribute RHA calendar of events
- Give an updated financial report at every RHA general assembly meeting
- Manage the fund-request process
- Create a yearly budget and advise RHA Exec. Board on the allocation of funds
- Maintain receipts and financial records
- Assist in purchasing supplies for events
Eligible applicants must reside in an on-campus Residence Life facility for the 2018-2019 academic year, be enrolled in at least six (6) on-campus credits per semester, maintain a 2.0 GPA, and be in good academic and conduct standing by the University of Alaska Fairbanks and Department of Residence Life. Students may not hold an elected RHA position and an RA position at the same time.
The President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer will each receive a $250.00 scholarship* per semester served on the RHA Executive Board during the 2018-2019 academic year.
*This scholarship will only be awarded should the officer complete her/his expected duties.