Student Vaccination Requirement for Summer 2022 Classes
Summer 2022 course offerings are available on UAOnline and we have an impressive list of classes offered at our various campuses and online through eCampus. We are looking forward to a vibrant summer semester.
Some of our summer in-person lab/studio/intensive courses require students and faculty to work closely together for long periods of time. For such selected lab / studio / intensive courses, we have approved a COVID-19 student vaccination requirement. The list of approved summer 2022 lab/studio/intensive courses is available on UAF’s COVID-19 website.
If you plan to take one of these lab/studio/intensive courses, you will need to be “fully vaccinated” by May 16, 2022, or have an approved medical or religious exemption. Fully vaccinated means that two weeks have passed since your final dose of a vaccine. For additional vaccination information, visit UAF’s COVID-19 website within the vaccination section. If you do not provide proof of being fully vaccinated or have an approved exemption, you will be dropped from the course.
In order to meet the fully vaccinated deadline, you will need to:
- Receive your first dose of the Moderna vaccine by April 4, 2022, and the second dose by May 2, 2022.
- Receive your first dose of the Pfizer vaccine by April 11, 2022, and the second dose by May 2, 2022.
- Receive the Johnson & Johnson vaccine (one and only dose) no later than May 2, 2022.
How to provide proof of vaccination:
Show your vaccination record and picture ID (if requested) to an authorized verifier either in person or via a Zoom meeting. A record of your documentation will not be retained by UA. The following will be accepted as proof of vaccination:
- Your CDC vaccination card
- A copy of your vaccination record from your medical provider or pharmacist
- Foreign vaccination records that meet World Health Organization standards
How to request an exemption:
- Submit one of the following forms:
- If your exemption is approved, submit it to the Center for Student Rights and Responsibilities at email@example.com or in person in Eielson 110.
Anupma Prakash, provost and executive vice chancellor
Owen Gutherie, vice chancellor for student affairs and enrollment management