MOA-MOU POLICY GUIDELINES
The Office of the Provost, and the Assistant to the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs will serve as the liaison and will work with the appropriate Dean’s office to assist with routing and finalizing each agreement.
Agreements Routed Through OGCA: MOUs/MOAs that are not related to sponsored agreements (http://www.uaf.edu/ogca/lifecycle/3-develop/agreement-types/) but academic activities should be routed to the Office of the Provost. Sometimes these agreements will include funding for the program.
The following types of MOA/MOU are routed through the Office of the Provost:
- All Academic Activities- All MOU's with any academic activity (including practicums) and created by academic units who report to the Provost will need to be processed through the office of the Provost.
- MAP/CES Outreach and Extension- MOA or MOU concerning the activities of the Marine Advisory Program and the Cooperative Extension service.
- Academic and Research- Requires both signatures from Provost, and the Vice Chancellor of Research
MOA-MOU Website: http://www.uaf.edu/mou-moa/
MOA-MOU Template: To be used as the foundation for all agreements. Please keep in mind that the information included in the template is required for record-keeping in OnBase, and information can be added to meet the requirements of the external agency. The department/program/college will need to collaborate with the external agency in finalizing the contents of the agreement.
Routing for Signatures- Approved Final Draft
Ideally route the approved final agreement to:
- Unit Dean
- External Entity
- Vice Chancellor (if applicable)
- Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor -- (If using docusign please send to Jessica Skipper, email@example.com for Provost's signature)
Academic Deans’ Offices Contacts:
- College of Liberal Arts, Melody Hughes (474-7231) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Fisheries and Ocean Science, Jennifer Harris (474-7111) - email@example.com
- College of Engineering and Mines, Ashley Lindsoe (474-6529) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Management, Deb Fristoe (474-5611) - email@example.com
- College of Natural Science & Mathematics, Rebecca Smith (474-7608) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Natural Resources and Extension, Carmen Kloepfer (474-5807) - email@example.com
- Elmer E. Rasmuson Library, Wendy Frandsen (474-7224) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- UA Museum of the North, Emilie Nelson (474-6443) email@example.com
- eLearning, Donna Oyen 455-2073) firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Rural and Community Development, Izzy Martinez (474-5860) email@example.com
- UA Press, Nate Bauer (474-5832) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summer Sessions, Katie Tasky, (474-1124) email@example.com
The University of Alaska Fairbanks is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and educational institution. UAF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, physical or mental disability, status as a protected veteran, marital status, changes in marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, parenthood, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, or other legally protected status. The University's commitment to nondiscrimination, including against sex discrimination, applies to students, employees, and applicants for admission and employment. Contact information, applicable laws, and complaint procedures are included on UA's statement of nondiscrimination available at www.alaska.edu/titleIXcompliance/nondiscrimination.