Listed by Agency
Limited Submissions - Listed by Agency
Alaska State Council on the Arts
- Operating Support Grant and Project Grant - Each UAF department/unit may submit one operating support grant or project grant per fiscal year
Arnold and Mabel Beckman Foundation
The Burroughs Wellcome Fund
- Career Awards for Medical Scientists (UAF may nominate 5-6 candidates)
- Investigators in the Pathogenesis of Infectious Disease (UAF may nominated 2-3 candidates)
- Career Awards in the Scientific Interface (UAF may nominate 2-4 candidates)
The Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation, Inc.
- Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Awards Program
- New Faculty Award Program
- Henry Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Awards Program
The Compton Foundation
- UAF may submit one proposal per year to The Compton Foundation
Laird Norton Foundation
- UAF may submit one proposal per funding cycle to the Laird Norton Foundation
M.J. Murdock Charitable Trust
Only one proposal from UAF can be considered at a time for the Murdock Research Application.
The Vice Chancellor for Research (VCR) is looking for proposals to submit to the M.J. Murdock Charitable Trust for research equipment. The request must be for one or more pieces of large equipment intended primarily to support research activities at UAF. For this initial round in 2012, the VCR is requesting internal pre-proposals for both categories. Murdock also typically requires a 1:1 cost share commitment with the equipment request. These funds will need to be secured by the proposing department and worked out with the VCR prior to a full submission to Murdock, if the pre-proposal is chosen to go forward.
By close of business, February 15, 2012, please submit a 1-2 page pre-proposal outlining the following:
Pre-proposals should be emailed in Word or PDF format to both the UAF Office of Sponsored Programs (UAF-OSP@alaska.edu) and to Vice Chancellor for Research Mark Myers (email@example.com) by close of business February 15, 2012.
- Model and description of each equipment item and a reason why that particular brand has been chosen;
- Justify the need for major equipment if the same or similar equipment is already available on campus;
- Identify where this equipment will reside, how it will be maintained, and how many researchers and students will be using the equipment; and
- Equipment costs, including a justification and vendor quotes.
- The following criteria will also be considered when assessing this pre-proposal, and should be addressed:
- Centrality of the equipment to the UAF research mission;
- The clarity of the budget narrative including a detailed description of the cost share commitment;
- Demonstration of shared/interdisciplinary use;
- Essential to a key program at UAF;
- Full funds to purchase the equipment are not potentially available from another source; and
- Partial cost sharing by unit Dean/Director to demonstrate commitment to acquisition.
National Endowment for the Arts
- Grants for Arts Projects (There are some exceptions to the one-applicant rule. Please consult the applicant eligibility information)
National Endowment for the Humanities
National Institutes of Health
- Developing and Improving Institutional Animal Resources
- IMSD - Initiative for Maximizing Student Diversity
- Bridges to the Baccalaureate
- Bridges to the Doctorate
- NCRR - Science Education Partnership Award
- Predoctoral Training at the Interface of the Behavioral and Biomedical Sciences
- PREP - Post-Baccalaureate Research Education Program
National Science Foundation
- ABP - Alliances for Broadening Participation in STEM (Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation (LSAMP), Alliances for Graduate Education and the Professoriate (AGEP))
- BRC - Biological Research Collections
- CRIF:MU - Chemistry Research Instrumentation and Facilities: Departmental Multi-User Instrumentation- UAF may submit two proposals. If two proposals are submitted, one must involve cyberinfrastructure.
- EESE - Ethics Education in Science and Engineering
- FSML - Improvements in Facilities, Communications, and Equipment at Biological Field Stations and Marine Laboratories - UAF may submit one proposal per eligible facility.
- IGERT - Integrative Graduate Education and Research Traineeship Program - UAF may submit four pre-proposals. Full proposals are submitted by NSF invitation only and UAF may only submit three full proposals.
- IMR-MIP - Instrumentation for Materials Research- Major Instrumentation Projects
- MRI - Major Research Instrumentation Program- UAF may submit or be included as a partner or subawardee in no more than three proposals. If UAF submits three proposals, one of the three must be for instrument development. Contrary to normal procedures, units may each submit more than one pre-proposal to the MRI internal competitive review process to determine the three UAF proposals. The unit dean/director should provide OSP with a priority ranking if the unit has more than one pre-proposal.
- NSF MRI R2 - Major Research Instrumentation (2009 only) - UAF may submit or be included as a partner or subawardee in no more than three proposals. If UAF submits three proposals, one of the three must be for instrument development. Contrary to normal procedures, units may each submit more than one pre-proposal to the MRI internal competitive review process to determine the three UAF proposals. The unit dean/director should provide OSP with a priority ranking if the unit has more than one pre-proposal.
- MSP - Math and Science Partnership - UAF may submit one LEAD proposal per Partnership category – Targeted, Institute, MSP-Start and Phase II.
- OEDG - Oportunities for Enhancing Diveristy in the Geosciences - UAF may submit more than one Track 1 proposal. Track 2 proposals are limited.
- PAESMEM - Presidential Award for Excellence in Science, Math, and Engineering Mentoring
- PIRE - Partnerships for International Research and Education - UAF may submit three pre-proposals. Full proposals are submitted by NSF invitation only.
- RET - Research Experiences for Teachers in Engineering - UAF may submit two proposals.
- Robert Noyce Scholarship Program
- Science and Technology Centers: Integrative Partnerships - UAF may submit three pre-proposals. Full proposals are submitted by NSF invitation only.
- S-STEM - NSF Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- STEP - Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Talent Expansion Program - UAF may submit one type 1 proposal.
In an ongoing effort to improve the proposal submission process, and to ensure that all proposals submitted to the Rasmuson Foundation are aligned with Statewide and/or university priorities, the UA Foundation has updated the Rasmuson Foundation proposals page on its website. This webpage is your guide to the internal processes of the UA Foundation and the university as well as the external processes of the Rasmuson Foundation. You will find all the information you need here: http://www.alaska.edu/foundation/rasmuson/
Upon request of the Rasmuson Foundation, the UA Foundation coordinates all proposal submissions. This has simplified the submission process for UA campuses and departments and allows us to track activity to ensure reports are submitted in a timely manner – a critical element of donor stewardship.
In addition to outlining the process for Tier 1 proposal and Tier 2 letter of inquiry (LOI) submissions, the UA Foundation has created two internal clearance forms that are required to be submitted to the UA Foundation. The purpose of instituting these forms is to make sure all UA stakeholders are aware of the projects and programs being presented to the Rasmuson Foundation, and that submissions are approved by both campus and university leadership. The University’s relationship with the Rasmuson Foundation is vitally important and we have crafted this process based on discussions and feedback with the donor to maintain the highest level of communication and understanding.
If you feel that there is a project or program that is within the Rasmuson Foundation funding criteria, please go the UA Foundation’s Rasmuson Foundation proposal webpage to review the process and determine next-steps.
W.M. Keck Foundation