International Programs & Initiatives exists to help students, researchers, and faculty access opportunities in international collaboration, whether that is by helping current UAF affiliates go abroad, or by hosting international students, researchers, and faculty coming from overseas.
For students, researchers, and faculty going abroad, we are here . . .
- to help you discover the many opportunities for international education that are available to you.
- to advise you before, during, and after your exchange, in terms of selecting the right experience, developing an academic plan, providing support as you adjust to your time abroad, and helping you make the best of it when you return.
- tohelp you navigate funding your international experience, and to make it accessible to you
For students, researchers, and faculty coming to UAF, we are here . . .
- to help you adapt to the environment of the University, Alaska, and the United States;
- to help you gain the needed skills and knowledge to function independently in this society;
- to assist you if you encounter situations or procedures you do not understand, or if you feel you have somehow been wronged;
- to listen to your ideas and concerns and to enhance your visit by offering educational, recreational, and social activities that are designed for you;
- to clarify your obligations under your visa status and obtain the full benefits to which you are entitled, as well as to help you understand UAF and immigration policies.
You have made a bold move by seeking educational opportunities in a different country, and many challenges and adventures await you. We hope to offer a welcoming place and services that will enable you to succeed in attaining the goals you have established. We are looking forward to supporting your international experience!
International Programs & Initiatives
University of Alaska Fairbanks
215 Eielson Building
P.O. Box 757760
Fairbanks, AK 99775-7760