National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellows Program
NSF Graduate Research Fellows Program (GRFP) is pleased to announce the new GRFP Solicitation (NSF 16-588 ). The Solicitation is a multi-year solicitation covering the 2017, 2018, and 2019 competitions. Please share this solicitation with your colleagues and prospective students at your institutions.
The important updates in the Solicitation include:
• This is a multi-year solicitation covering the 2017, 2018, and 2019 competitions.
• Application deadlines have changed. Applications are due at local time, as determined by the applicant's mailing address.
• The reference writer deadline has changed. Reference letters are due at Eastern Time (ET).
• Applications with only two letters (i.e., one fewer than the desired three letters) will be reviewed unless the applicant withdraws the submitted application by of the application year. Applications with fewer than two letters will be returned without review.
• Effective as of the 2017 competition (Fall 2016 deadlines), graduate students are limited to only one application to the GRFP, submitted either in the first year or in the second year of graduate school. An exception is provided for first-year graduate students who applied to the 2016 GRFP competition in Fall 2015; these individuals may apply a second time in Fall 2016, if they are otherwise eligible. See Section IV – Eligibility Information for additional details.
• Clarification is provided on which Biomedical fields are eligible and which are ineligible. Fields of Study names have been updated.