Current Students

Photo by Todd Paris

Communicating with students

List Servers:

Official UAF and Graduate School business and announcements*:

Grad Academic-L

For information on off-campus housing, job opportunities, outside funding, etc.:


*For official e-mail announcements and correspondence UAF uses only or e-mail addresses. Your UAF e-mail can be forwarded to your personal e-mail account. For more information please visit the Office of Information Technology.

Where to Get Help

Faculty, Department Chair or Dean - If you are a student with educational issues, you are encouraged to talk with the course instructor/faculty member, the Department Chair or your College/School Dean to seek resolution. If these steps don't have the desired outcome, then you may contact the Graduate School for mediation.

Judicial Services - If you are a student experiencing academic issues or seek review of final course grades, you must first attempt to resolve the issue informally with the instructor of the course. If the course instructor is unavailable and/or you believe the grading was arbitrary and capricious, the next step is to address the issue with the appropriate department chair. If you are dissatisfied with the resolution you may file with Judicial Services and they will process your grievance. You may contact the Dean of Students, Don Foley, or Jennifer Fontes at 907.474.6496. The Judicial Services Office is located at 101 Eielson Building. Grade appeal policy and procedures can be found here:  The policy regarding academic appeals other than assignment-of-grade can be found here:

Registrar - Students who believe there has been a violation of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) may contact the Registrar's Office. More information can be found at

Diversity and Equal Opportunity - The Office of Diversity and Equal Oportunity processes complaints of discrimination and sexual harassment. If you believe you are being treated differently or if you believe your educational opportunities are being affected by your race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, genetic code, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, veteran status or retaliation, then the D & EO office is the appropriate avenue for redress. Contact Director Margo Griffith at 474-7599 ( or Intake and Case Coordinator Erin Walter at 474-7300.

Associated Students of UAF (ASUAF) - The function of ASUAF is to represent and act on behalf of the students of the University of Alaska Fairbanks. They are located in the Wood Center. More information can be found at

Student Health and Counseling - The goal of the Student Health & Counseling center is to meet the medical and counseling needs of UAF students. Students that need assistance dealing with stress or other issues are seen on an appointment basis. For assistance call 474-7043. More information can be found here:

Back to Top