Occupational Safety - Frequently Asked Questions

When should the Safety Officer be contacted about an incident?
Any time there is an injury, damage to property or an unsafe condition is noted.

How can I contact the Safety Officer?
You can call 474-5949 (office), 590-1902 (cell), FS Customer Service from 8-5 or UAF Emergency Services after hours.

What services do you offer?
We offer mishap investigation, site safety inspections, safety consultation on activities and projects, safety training, and risk analysis of proposed activities.

Do you provide services to the entire UAF campus?
No, only to the Physical Plant, Power Plant and job sites where Facilities Services personnel are working. Environmental Safety and Health is responsible for the rest of the campus.

What should I do if I see a safety problem that seems minor?
Fill out an Unsafe Condition Report and send it to the Safety Office