The purpose of the continuation budget process is to quickly load the bulk of the university's starting budget using an automated feed (as opposed to entering all the budget information using the Budget Revision process). In order to ensure uniformity of this feed process, some budget lines are discretionary based on departmental budget needs and authorization. Other lines, such as personnel and general fund distribution, are non-discretionary and subject to central guidlines. The information here discusses all of the important aspects of budgeting and endeavors to guide fiscal managers through the continuation process.
- Continuation Budget Expectations
- Basic PCN Terminology
- Authorized Positions
- FY20 Initial Rates for Budgeting
- NCHEMS and Allocation Categories
- SBS Codes
- Outline of Union Contract Changes for FY20
- Continuation Budget File Instructions
- Continuation Budget Checklist
- Creating a Continuation Budget Pivot Table
- Faculty Time Off - Cash In
- Match Fund Budgeting
Due to the sensitive information contained in the continuation files, access is restricted to financial managers only.