Research and teaching assistantships are awarded to qualified graduate students by each department or program. For application information, contact the department or program directly.
Requirements and restrictions:
Work load and credit hours:
- Work load must be a minimum of 10 hours per week, with a maximum of 20 hours per week while school is in session.
- Students must be registered for at least nine credits during the fall and spring semesters and six credits during the summer (audited credits are not counted toward workload).
- 10 credits to cover three courses during each semester if the work load is 15-20 hours per week.
- No more than 5 credits if the work load is 10-14 hours per week.
Tuition and Fees:
- Tuition payments may be used for tuition only.
- All fees are the responsibility of the student unless the department or grant makes other arrangements with UAF Business OfficePRIOR TO REGISTRATION.
- A graduate student with a GPA less than 3.0 for one semester will be allowed to petition to continue as a graduate assistant for the next semester. A maximum one semester exception will be allowed per student. The petition by the student must be approved by the student's advisory committee chair, the department head and dean.