How to Apply
For a quick reference of semester date and deadlines, the 2019-2020 Academic Calendar is available here.
BA Programs in Alaska Native Studies (ANS) and Rural Development (RD)
To Apply for the BA degree in Alaska Native Studies or Rural Development, you must:
- Apply for undergraduate admission to UAF through the online application with the Office of Admissions
- Submit a DANSRD Admission Questionnaire on Google Docs, or if you prefer a Word document: DANSRD Admission Questionnaire. Email to UAF Admissions at email@example.com
Specific information about the RD and ANS programs are available at:
Overview of the Alaska Native Studies Program is available here
Overview of the Rural Development Program is available here.
MA Program in Rural Development (RD)
Admission to the UAF Master's degree program in Rural Development (RD) follows the UAF Graduate School requirements and deadlines. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
To apply for the MA degree, you must have:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with at least 3.0 ("B") cumulative grade point average in undergraduate studies, and a 3.0 average in your major.
- TOEFL = 550 (if English is not your first language)
- Three letters of recommendation (signed, dated, and no more than two years old)
- Original transcripts from all higher education institutions attended
- A brief essay (500 words or less) stating your academic goals and reasons for wanting to earn an MA in Rural Development
- Compete the RD M.A. Research Project Outline
- UAF Graduate Apply Now with a $75 processing fee
NOTE: Students with a BA degree grade point average below 3.0 must take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
Change of major
To change your major please fill out the UAF Change of Major Form available through the UAF Office of the Registrar:
- Change of Major Form - PDF