At times, navigating your way through college can be tricky. That’s why we have a full-time academic advisor to help you out.
Our advisor can assist with registration, petitions, change of major requests and answer any number of questions related to the college experience. Advising appointments are available in person, via telephone or via email. Undergraduate academic advising services are provided by a combination of faculty and staff advisors. Students with freshmen and sophomore standing are advised by a general academic advisor. Students with junior and senior standing are advising by faculty advisors in the department of their major(s).
All undergraduate degree seeking students at UAF are required to meet with an academic advisor before registering for courses. Your advisor will assist you with selecting your courses and answer any questions you may have. Below are few things to help your advising appointment:
- Log on to UAOnline to view your DegreeWorks audit, which will guide in selecting courses
- Bring a list of any questions or concerns you have
Advising is best done via appointment. The most convenient way to schedule an appointment is to use Google Calendar by following these steps:
- Schedule an appointment.
- Select an available time slot, please note that 30 minute time slots are recommended for continuing students and 60 minute time slots are recommended for new students.
- In the 'description' box type the following: your student ID number and reason for the appointment.
- If you need to cancel your appointment simply select the "delete and notify guests" option on Google Calendar. If you are unable to make your appointment, please cancel it as "No Shows" may prevent other students from having a chance to make an appointment.
If you are new to UAF and do not have a Google account you may schedule your appointment by contacting an advisor directly:
- Kathy Nava, Gruening Building 503D, email@example.com,
Phone: 907-474-6542 Fax: 907-474-7438
If you are a junior or senior and need to schedule an advising appointment please contact the department of your major for scheduling instructions. See a complete list of CLA departments.
- Preparing for your Advising Appointment:
- Create Class Schedule:
- Register for classes: https://www.uaf.edu/iac/quick_reg.pdf
- Registration Guide: https://www.uaf.edu/register/
- This site includes links to FAQs, How-To’s, and Forms
- Costs & Financial Aid: http://catalog.uaf.edu/costs-financial-aid/
- CLA Scholarships: https://www.uaf.edu/cla/cla-scholarships/