Not only is attending class an important part of attending college, but a critical part of staying in college! To be successful, you will need to understand the distance delivery technology and have the discipline to attend class as scheduled. Therefore, you need to do the following:
- Set your UAF email and blackboard username and password.
- Go to Elmo and select Option 3.
- Answer all questions and complete the process.
- Memorize your username, password, and student ID or use a password management software. You will need your username and password to log into every UA and UAF program .
- Log into blackboard and make sure you can log into your account using the username and password created above in step 1. If it does not work, contact the UA OIT Office at 907-450-8300.
- Log into the UAF Webmail and make sure you can log into your account using the username and password created
above in step 1. If it does not work, contact the UA OIT Office at 907-450-8300.
- Your email address is your firstname.lastname@example.org. For example, if your username to log into your webmail is TESTABC, then your email address will be TESTABC@ALASKA.EDU.
- Check your UAF email regularly since this is your university email and teachers, professors, and UAF Administration will use this email to contact you regarding class, your account, homework, and other issues..
- If your UAF Email does not work, contact the UA OIT Office at 907-450-8300.
- Set-up your UAONLINE Account
- UAOnline allows you to access your grades, unofficial transcript, account summary, holds, and MUCH more.
- Go to http://uaonline.alaska.edu.
- Enter your UAusername.
- Enter your password
- Review your class syllabi (usually posted on Blackboard).
- Contact Chukchi if any of your classes do not show-up on your blackboard page.
- Set your calendar and be sure you know the drop and withdrawl deadlines!
- Show-up to class.
Other Helpful Links for Attending Class
Office of Information Technology (Technical, email, uaonline, etc...) 1-800-478-8226 or
UAOnline (Register for class, order official transcripts, view unofficial transcripts, pay your bill, etc...)
Blackboard (UA Classes, your homework, syllabi, etc...)
ELMO (Change your password or find your username or student ID)