The Health Center Fee of $150 is NOT INSURANCE
Health Center Fee: *This fee is $150 per semester for Fall and Spring, the Summer semester fee is $100.
- This fee allows you to utilize UAF’s Student Health & Counseling Center. See the Student Health & Counseling Center pamphlet for a description of our services.
- 6 or more credits in the classroom on the main campus per semester (Fall/Spring): MANDATORY fee and will be automatically charged to your fee statement. For Summer Sessions: if you take 6 credits or more over the course of the summer in the classroom on the main campus, the fee is mandatory.*
- As long as a student is taking 6 credits/semester, they can opt to pay the fee (Fall/Spring): OPTIONAL (ask to have it added to your fees). For Summer Sessions, if you are taking less than 6 credits, you may use the health center for a bridge fee if you are enrolled in the upcoming fall semester for 6 or more credits and you were eligible for health center services in the preceding spring semester.
- Students taking less than 6 credits/semester (Fall/Spring) or Summer Sessions: SERVICES ARE NOT AVAILABLE unless you qualify for the summer bridge fee.
- For students who are assessed the fee on a mandatory basis, the fee may be waived ONLY under certain circumstances (see your class schedule under Fees for more information).
- Please note that this fee is NOT a user fee – it is assessed to students as explained above and is not assessed based upon usage of the Health Center.
- The health center fee is based on a student’s cumulative credit hours over the course of the summer. If a student plans to take a total of six credits or more during the summer, he/she is encouraged to register early in order to be able to take advantage of the health center during all the summer months.
COMMON LAB FEES
Strep Screen: $15
Lipid Panel: $25
Mono Test: $15
Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy: $50
Urine Pregnancy test: $15
Counseling Services and Fees
Eligible students who pay the Health Center fee each semester can access the counseling services available at the Student Health and Counseling Center. Students receive 5 counseling sessions per semester at no charge, after these sessions are exhausted, students needing any further appointments will be charged $25 per visit.
We have a "no show" policy in place. If students fail to come to an appointment or fails to cancel an appointment, a $25 no show fee will be put on your student account and will be sent to the Bursar's Office.
NO SHOW FEES
A "No Show Fee" has been implemented for several types of appointments including but not limited to: Annual Exams, Firefighter Exam, Dive Physicals, Same Day appointments made and not kept and Medical Evaluations. If a student has scheduled any of these types of appointments and fails to call us 474-7043 to cancel prior to their appt. time, a $15 charge will be assessed to their student account.
COMMON MEDICAL FEES
General Physicals with paperwork: $30 plus any lab fees
Annual Exam: $50 - $75
Common Medication charges:
antidepressant medications range from $15 - $40
Birth Control Pills $20
Antibiotics: $10 - $35
Acid Reflux: $20
Vaccines and Titers
Our Health Center provides these required immunizations:
(prices subject to change without notice)
Tdap (Tetanus,Diphtheria & Pertusis booster) free
PPD (Tuberculosis Skin Test) $10
Twinrix (Hep A & B combo) $65 x3
Meningitis Vaccine: free
Other items can be checked for immunity by having a simple blood draw done, such as
Varicella (chicken pox)
Hep A series $35 x 2
Hep B series $45 x 3