Fisheries Population and Biometry
College of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences
Juneau, AK 99801
Juneau, AK 99801
UnIversity of Washington
University of Washington
University of Colorado
PublicationsZaleski, A., Atkinson, S., Burkanov, B., Quinn, T. II.. 2014. The effect of environmental contaminants on western Steller sea lion survival and movement. Sci. Total Environ.. 490:561-569.
P. J. F. Hulson, T. J. Quinn II, D. H. Hanselman and J. Ianelli. 2013. Spatial modeling of Bering Sea walleye pollock with integrated age-structured assessment models in a changing environment Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci.. DOI 10.1139/cjfas-2013-0020 doi: 10.1139/cjfas-2013-0020
P. J. F. Hulson, D. H. Hanselman and T. J. Quinn, II. 2012. Determining effective sample size in integrated age-structured assessment models ICES Journal of Marine Science. 69(2):281-292.
Quinn, T.P., C.J. Sergeant, A.H. Beaudreau, D.A. Beauchamp. 2012. Spatial and temporal patterns of vertical distribution for three planktivorous fishes in Lake Washington. Ecology of Freshwater Fish. 21:337-348.
T. P. Quinn, C. J. Sergeant, A. H. Beaudreau and D. A. Beauchamp. 2012. Spatial and temporal patterns of vertical distribution for three planktivorous fishes in Lake Washington Ecology of Freshwater Fish. 21:337-348. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0633.2012.00554.x
T. Quinn, II. 2012. Encyclopedia of Environmetrics Second Edition. Population dynamics Ed. A.-H. El-Shaarawi and W. Piegorsch. John Wiley & Sons Ltd, doi: 10.1002/9780470057339.vap028.pub2
D. R. Goethel, T. J. Quinn and S. X. Cadrin. 2011. Incorporating Spatial Structure in Stock Assessment: Movement Modeling in Marine Fish Population Dynamics Reviews in Fisheries Science. 19(2):119-136.
J. Barlow, J. Calambokidis, E. A. Falcone, C. S. Baker, A. M. Burdin, P. J. Clapham, J. K. B. Ford, C. M. Gabriele, R. LeDuc, D. K. Mattila, T. J. Quinn, L. Rojas-Bracho, J. M. Straley, B. L. Taylor, J. Urban, P. Wade, D. Weller, B. H. Witteveen and M. Ya. 2011. Humpback whale abundance in the North Pacific estimated by photographic capture-recapture with bias correction from simulation studies Marine Mammal Science. 27(4):793-818.
P. J. F. Hulson, D. H. Hanselman and T. J. Quinn. 2011. Effects of process and observation errors on effective sample size of fishery and survey age and length composition using variance ratio and likelihood methods Ices Journal of Marine Science. 68(7):1548-1557.
P. J. F. Hulson, S. E. Miller, J. N. Ianelli and T. J. Quinn. 2011. Including mark-recapture data into a spatial age-structured model: walleye pollock (Theragra chakogramma) in the eastern Bering Sea Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences. 68(9):1625-1634.
- fish population dynamics
- estimation of animal and fish abundance
- statistical time series analysis and sampling theory
- renewable resource management systems
- short courses on spreadsheet applications of population dynamics
Current Research Projects
- Sablefish Stock Assessment
- Time-varying Natural Mortality of Groundfish
- Examining strategies for management of western and eastern Bering Sea pollock (with Dr. Criddle)
- Constructing a spatial model for sablefish in the North Pacific and using it to evaluate alternative harvest strategies that take into account movement
- Developing a run timing model for Chinook salmon in the Yukon River for in-season management (with Dr. Adkison)
- Developing a time series of humpback whale abundance in Prince William Sound and using it in a population dynamics model for Pacific herring to quantify one component of natural mortality
- Combining population dynamics and population genetics models for Gulf of Alaska Pacific ocean perch (with Dr. Gharrett)
- Codifying injuries to Bering Sea skates as bycatch in the Pacific cod longline fishery