Back to Top
- The University of Alaska has liability insurance for 4-H club leaders who have signed up through a district office and have been approved by their District Agent.
- This liability insurance covers 4-H leaders from enrollment date through September 30 of the current year.
- 4-H volunteers of the University of Alaska Fairbanks receive the same coverage as paid faculty members.
- The University of Alaska Fairbanks insurance does not provide any coverage for an injury to a 4-H member where the University is not negligent.
- It is the responsibility of the family to provide medical insurance for children participating in 4-H. (Districts are encouraged to obtain medical accident insurance for all 4-H members and adult 4-H leaders in their district.) Through the District offices medical reimbursement insurance is additionally acquired through American Income Life.