If you are looking to kick start a career in healthcare while also having an impact
in your community, you should consider joining Providence St Joseph Health and their Providence Ready Internship Program.
Providence is a $25 billion health care company with 51 hospitals and over 1000 clinics
operating on the west coast and headquartered in Renton, Washington. The Providence
Ready Internship Program consists of one six-month assignment across many different Shared
Services teams within Providence, with the possibility of extending into a second
6-month assignment. Each unique assignment will build business acumen, provide exposure
to core skills, and give participants the ability to add value and have impact for
one of the leading healthcare systems in the United States.
This remote, paid internship program starts with a short on-boarding session where
participants receive focused training on the health care industry, an introduction
to Shared Services at Providence, and exposure to their systems and processes. Once
complete, you will start the internship. There are full-time and part-time opportunities
- Enrolled in an bachelor’s degree program. Expected graduation date by June 2022. See
list of preferred majors.
- Enrolled in a graduate degree program. See list of preferred majors.
- Minimum 3.2 GPA.
- Demonstrated analytical, leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong desire to learn, add value and make an impact in your community.
- A bias to action
- Experience working and/or partnering with diverse communities
- Multicultural background experience
- 1st Generation College Students are encouraged to apply
About the department you will serve:
Providence Shared Services provides a variety of functional and system support services
for our Providence family of organizations across Alaska, California, Montana, New
Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. We are focused on supporting our Mission by
delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
Please apply through the Handshake platform.
POSTED: September 27, 2021