Rural Utilities Business Management
College of Rural and Community Development
Interior Alaska Campus
Minimum Requirements for Occupational Endorsement: 12 credits
The occupational endorsement in rural utility business management provides education and training in theory and skills necessary for the sustained operation of rural water and wastewater utilities. The program is open to all individuals who wish to apply, with the recommendation that they have a high school diploma or GED. It is designed to serve the needs of rural Alaskans who are employed by a rural sanitation utility or nominated by any of the following: a rural sanitation utility, state of Alaska RUBM program manager or Alaska Native tribal health corporation. Applicants must be 16 years old to be admitted.
Occupational Endorsement Program
- Complete the following admissions requirement: Be at least 16 years old by the first day of the semester in which you are admitted.
- Complete the general university requirements.
- Complete the occupational endorsement requirements.
- Complete the following:*
TM F130--Introduction to Utility Management--2 credits
TM F131--Organizational Management for Utilities--2 credits
TM F132--Operations Management for Utilities--2 credits
TM F134--Financial Management for Utilities--2 credits
TM F136--Personnel Management for Utilities--2 credits
TM F138--Planning for Utilities--2 credits
- Minimum credits required--12 credits
* Students must earn a C- or better in each course.