Hello! We are excited that you have chosen to have your collegiate adventure with the University of Alaska, Fairbanks. While your courses will provide you with the knowledge to excel in your major, we are here to help you draw the connections between your major and a career. Our mission is to provide you with professional advice, guidance, and networking opportunities to help you build a successful career and business relationships.
Need Directions? Click here!
Explore and discuss which careers and majors best fit your goals and personality.
- Come ready to discuss likes/dislikes and explore options.
Refine your career application materials to connect to the job description and stand out from your competition.
- Bring a copy of your career application materials.
- If applying for a specific position, please bring a copy of the job description as well.
Polish your interview etiquette in a practice interview session with the Career and Academic Advisor. Treat this appointment like a real interview by dressing professionally, arriving early, etc.
- If you would like the practice interview to be specific to your field, please send the job description/and or specific area you are looking for a career in.
- Bring a copy of your resume/cover letter/CV.
All of our appointments can be facilitated over the computer for people who require distance appointments.
Virtual appointments use Google Hangouts and Google Docs to provide feedback and conversation. Once you make a virtual appointment, Career services will add a Google Hangouts link to the appointment invite.
- When you make your appointment, specify that it will be virtual.
- Indicate which kind of appointment you desire: Major Exploration, Resume/Cover Letter, Mock Interview, etc.
- Email your materials to firstname.lastname@example.org at least one day before your appointment.
- Make sure you have access to Google Hangouts.
If you need an offline option, please email us and we will work around your needs.
Why work on campus?
- Your course schedule won't be compromised--student jobs are designed to have flexible work hours
- Conveniently located around campus, there is no need to waste time or gas getting to work
- Gain valuable work experience while still in college
- Learn transferrable skills such as leadership, initiative, communication, and problem solving
Am I eligible to work on campus?
Students need to be enrolled in 6 credits or more and have at least a 2.0 GPA to be eligible to work on campus.
During the semester students may work 20 hours a week. There are options for more hours during the summer and by petition see the HR page for more information.
Where to find student jobs?
Find jobs for UAF and the UA University system at Careers at UA.
You can also find student jobs on the Career Services Facebook Page.