KuC Wellness Services
KuC provides a variety of Wellness Services designed to support the health, safety and success of students.
KuC Mental Health Professional: Shelly Andrews
In addition to helping plan Wellness based events on campus and responding to student emergencies, Shelly is available to talk with students one-on-one during open office hours and by appointment (hours listed below).
YLC Building, RM 201
**April adjusted office hours**
Fridays: April 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th 10am-noon
Mondays: April 16th, 23rd, & 30th 12-2pm
Wednesdays: April 25th 12-2pm
Additional appointment times can be arranged by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wellness Programming Specialist: Danny Nelson
Danny focuses on planning and facilitating campus events and activities that promote wellness. He also offers regular tutoring hours, advises the KuC Student Government and instructs KuC's College Skills class.
YLC Building, RM 204
Spring '18 Tutoring Hours (in the LAC):
*Also available by appointment for tutoring
Help and Resources for KuC Students
- 911 (emergency)
- 311 (non-emergency)
- 543-3781 (non-emergency)
- State Troopers for village issues: 543-2294
- Fire Department: 543-2131
- YK Behavioral Health Crisis Response Line: 543-6449; Toll-free: 1-844-543-6499
Health Care & Behavioral Health Resources
- KuC Mental Health Professional, Shelly Andrews: email@example.com
- YKHC Hospital: 543-6000
- Bethel Family Clinic: 543-3773 (non-urgent medical, dental and behavioral health/substance use services)
- YK Behavioral Health: 543-6000
- UAF Student Health and Couseling Center
- Public Health Nursing: 543-2110
For confidential support to gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender students, contact Diane McEachern at 907-543-4597 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to talk with a local elder about your experiences in colege, please conact Diane McEachern at 907-543-4597 or email email@example.com. She will put you in touch with elders who help facilitate college classes.
Sexual Assault or Abuse
- Tundra Women's Coalition Crisis Line: 1-800-26604357
- UAF Confidential Reporting of Sexual Assault or Sexual Misconduct: 1-855-251-5719
- Careline Crisis Intervention: 1-877-266-4357
- Suicide Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- National Suicide Prevention Helpline: 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
- PATC: 543:730
- YKHC Behavioral Health: 543-6101
- Bethel Family Clinic: 543-3773
- Opiate Recovery Group, Tuesdays, 5:30 p.m.