KuC Wellness Services
KuC provides a variety of Wellness Services designed to support the health, safety and success of students.
KuC Mental Health Professional: DeShan Foret
In addition to helping plan Wellness based events, instructing KuC's College Success Skills class on campus and responding to student emergencies, DeShan is available to talk with students one-on-one during open office hours and by appointment (hours listed below).
Wellness Programming Specialist: Lucy Peloso
Sarah focuses on planning and facilitating campus events and activities that promote wellness. She also offers regular tutoring hours and advises the KuC Student Government.
Student Services office, RM 105F
Tuesday: 1-2 p.m.
Wednesday: 1-4 p.m.
Thursday: 4-6 p.m.
*Also available by appointment for tutoring
Help and Resources for KuC Students
- 911 (emergency)
- 311 (non-emergency)
- 543-3781 (non-emergency)
- State Troopers for village issues: 543-2294
- Fire Department: 543-2131
- YK Behavioral Health Crisis Response Line: 543-6449; Toll-free: 1-844-543-6499
Health Care & Behavioral Health Resources
- KuC Mental Health Professional, Vacant
- YKHC Hospital: 543-6000
- Bethel Family Clinic: 543-3773 (non-urgent medical, dental and behavioral health/substance use services)
- YK Behavioral Health: 543-6000
- UAF Student Health and Couseling Center
- Public Health Nursing: 543-2110
- KuC Counseling services (PDF)
- KuC Resource list (PDF)
For confidential support to gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender students, contact Diane McEachern at 907-543-4597 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to talk with a local elder about your experiences in colege, please conact Diane McEachern at 907-543-4597 or email email@example.com. She will put you in touch with elders who help facilitate college classes.
Sexual Assault or Abuse
- Tundra Women's Coalition Crisis Line: 1-800-26604357
- UAF Confidential Reporting of Sexual Assault or Sexual Misconduct: 1-855-251-5719
- Careline Crisis Intervention: 1-877-266-4357
- Suicide Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- National Suicide Prevention Helpline: 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
- PATC: 543:730
- YKHC Behavioral Health: 543-6101
- Bethel Family Clinic: 543-3773
- Opiate Recovery Group, Tuesdays, 5:30 p.m.