Emerging Scholars Program
The Emerging Scholars Program (ESP) is structured curriculum that prepares students academically and socially at the university level for successful completion of certificates and A.A.S; A.A.; and B.A. degrees at Kuskokwim Campus. Each semester a new group of freshmen start with a Learning to Learn Camp. The camp and the program are designed to help students succeed academically and socially at the university level. ESP is designed for all entering full-time freshman.
- Are between the ages of 18 - 21 years old
- Attend Learning to Learn Camp, a three/four day orientation camp the week before classes start. Students receive intensive academic advising and are introduced to the community and KuC faculty and staff.
- Participate in tutoring labs. Labs are available for developmental math and English classes.
- Work closely with an Academic Advisor.
- Participate in fun and exciting activities!
- Eskimo dancing
- Berry picking
- Ice fishing
- Pumpkin carving and a Halloween Party
- Ice cream socials
- Dorm and fiddle dances
- Door decorating contest
- and much more!