How much does college cost?
How do I pay for college?
Most financial aid requires you to complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Federal School Code for UAF/KuC is 001063.
You will need the following for both you and your parents (dependent students):
- Social security number
- Driver's license (if any)
- W-2 forms and other records of money earned
- Untaxed income records including social security, TANF, welfare or veterans benefits
- UAF & Additional Scholarships - awarded for eligible students. Deadlines: February 15 for fall term/July 15 late application
Federal Grant Programs
- Federal Pell Grant - awarded to eligible students in an undergraduate program
- Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG) - awarded to eligible students who file the FAFSA application based on earliest filing for the academic year.
State Grant Programs
The Alaska Advantage Grant and Alaska Performance Scholarship require Priority FAFSA Filing prior to June 30th.
Visit UA Admission Portal to check on your admission status. You must be admitted to receive finanical aid.
- Go to www.studentaid.gov and select "Login" OR
- Call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243)
The US Department of Education or UAF Financial Aid commonly request additional information.
- Your aid will not be complete until any additional requirements are fulfilled.
- Finalize financial aid details as soon as possible before the fee payment deadline.
Some FAFSA applicants are required to submit additional information before their awards are distributed. This selection is to ensure accuracy provided on your FAFSA. If you are selected, you will receive notification by mail.
Required documents for FAFSA verification:
- Verification Worksheet (PDF)
- IRS Tax Return Transcript(s)
- Dependent students are required to provide parental information on the Verification page and parent transcripts.
- Order your return online at IRS.gov.
- Call IRS at 1-800-908-9946.
Need to get your Tax Return Transcript?
You may return to FAFSA and link your recent taxes using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool as a correction. Be sure to add only a number in the address field if your address used is a PO Box.
Alternatively, you can order your tax return online from IRS at IRS.gov or call IRS at 1-800-908-9946.
- Check your email you used when completing your FAFSA application
- Activate your UA email.
UAF Financial Aid
907-474-7256 or 1-888-474-7256