Our Student Services team is available to help you every step of the way.
New students start here!
Explore careers and build a resume
With the UA Career Coaching Tool *New!
The Advising Center at the Kuskokwim Campus provides admission, registration, academic and career advising and many more services to students taking classes via distance from their home community or on campus in Bethel.
All students are encouraged to speak to an academic advisor prior to applying for admission. All degree-seeking students must speak with an advisor each semester before registering for classes online.
Janet Kaiser, Academic and Career Advisor
Agnes McIntyre, Emerging Scholars Program Coordinator
There are many reasons to choose KuC. Our campus is fully accredited and may be close to your home or village. The beginning classes during the first two years are exactly the same whether at Fairbanks, Anchorage or Juneau, or any other nationally accredited college. KuC also has numerous programs, one of which is the Emerging Scholars Program, which helps students adapt to college life and provides guidance to college success. Besides offering students a wide variety of college classes, certifications and degrees, we have classes that are unique to our campus that are not offered anywhere else in the world. KuC's classes are small, our instructors are exceptional, and our staff is friendly and helpful. Our dorm, Sackett Hall, houses up to 37 co-ed students.
Occupational Endorsements and Certificates, Associate, Bachelor's and Master's degrees can be earned through the UAF Kuskokwim Campus. Visit Degrees and Programs or view our Admissions flyer and degree programs (PDF) flyer.
View the UAF Academic Catalog. The catalog includes information on admission and graduation requirements, the academic calendar, and program and course listings for occupational endorsement, certificate, associate, bachelor's, master's and PhD degree students.
Contact Advising at 907.543.4500 or Toll Free 1-800-478-5822
- Required for English placement
- Must Be Proctored * unable to Proctor during Covid-19
- Contact: 543-4500 or 1-800-478-5822
- Resource for Students
- Alternative writing survey
- Required for math placement
- No proctor required
- Take the test
- Resource for Students
Cost of Attendance
Applying for financial aid:
Your first step in applying for Financial Aid at Kuskokwim Campus, UAF is to complete
the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The Federal School Code for UAF/KuC is 001063.
Grants and Scholarships
- UAF & Additional Scholarships - awarded for eligible students.
Federal Grant Programs
- Federal Pell Grant - awarded to eligible students in an undergraduate program
- Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG) - awarded to eligible students who file the FAFSA application based on earliest filing for the academic year.
State Grant Programs
The Alaska Advantage Grant and Alaska Performance Scholarship require Priority FAFSA Filing prior to June 30th.
- Alaska Advantage Education Grant - awarded to eligible Alaska Residents, Application: FAFSA.
- Alaska Performance Scholarship - awarded to eligible Alaskan students based on merit, Application: FAFSA.
- UA Foundation Scholarships - awarded to eligible students in early spring each academic year. Deadlines: February 15 for fall term/July 15 late application
UAF Financial Aid
907-474-7256 or 1-888-474-7256
Sackett Hall houses up to 37 co-ed students in four-person suites with bathroom, refrigerators, and a microwave. Sackett Hall includes meal service, a spacious common area, cable T.V., wireless connection, coin-operated laundry, and is within close walking distance of the campus and the Consortium Library. Sackett Hall is next to KuC, located at 205 Akiak Drive in City Sub.
Search for classes
Register for Classes
- Register on-line at UAOnline
- Or print a Registration Form
- Email registration forms to email@example.com.
- Fax registration form to Student Services 543-4527
- Or mail registration form to Student Services, Kuskokwim Campus, P.O. Box 368, Bethel, AK 99559
- Or register at KuC, Room 105, weekdays 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
NOTE: Your registration is not complete until you have made arrangements for your
tuition and fees to be paid.
If you register for courses, the university holds you financially responsible for that registration. If you do not plan to attend, you must drop your courses within the 100% refund period to avoid assessment of tuition and fees
Danny Nelson, Student Services Technician
Once you are enrolled in a course, you should order your books.
For all UAF Courses, order books at the UAF Bookstore or call 888-280-8500.
NOTE: Attend class even if your textbooks have not arrived. Tell your professor if you have not received your textbooks and ask for a copy of the first few assignments.
Contact Advising at 907-543-4500 or Toll Free 1-800-478-5822
- Website: Log onto UAOnline to pay with your Visa, Mastercard, debit card, or checking account.
- Payment Plan Options
- By mail: Kuskokwim Campus, Business Office Accounts Receivable, P.O. Box 368 Bethel, AK 99559
- By phone: We accept Visa, Mastercard, and debit card payments over the phone during business hours. Call Melinda Flemings, (907) 543-4504.
- In person: The KuC business Office is located in room 122, and is open between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Agency pay: If an agency is responsible for your bill complete an authorization letter must be on file from the agency with the KuC Business Office or UAF Third-Party Billing.
FIRST: check UAOnline to see if there is a hold on your account.
See the Office of the Bursar:
Please note: you will NOT be dropped for non-payment if you enroll in a Payment Plan and/or sign a UAF Deferred Payment Plan.
Prior to starting you classes, activate your UA accounts including your University email and Blackboard and more. Visit Online Accounts.
If your registered for a distance course, visit Distance Course Support for course access information, room reservations, test proctoring and technology support.
1. Activate Your Online Accounts
2. Be Prepared to Participate
Visit Distance Course Support for distance delivered courses.
Let your instructor know if you plan to miss a class or if you have difficulty accessing your class. Students who stop attending must withdraw through their local campus. Failure to withdraw will cause a failing (or no basis) grade.
If you register for courses, the university holds you financially responsible for that registration. If you do not attend, you must drop your courses within the 100% refund period to avoid assessment of tuition and fees.
Contact Student Services at 907.543.4500 or Toll Free 1-800-478-5822
Student Services coordinates new student orientation in the fall and spring semesters.
All new on campus full-time students are required to attend. All new on campus part-time
students are encouraged to attend. Contact your academic advisor for the schedule.
Fall 2018 CRN: 77211
Fall 2018 Flyer
Tentative Fall 2018 Schedule - COMING SOON!
UAF Online Orientation
KuC Online Student Success Course
KuC offers a free introduction to Blackboard for on campus and distance students.
Register for the Online Student Success Course or contact Student Services at 543-4562.
Fall 2018 CRN: 77210
Fall 2018 Flyer