As a university student, you have access to a university email and google apps, UAOnline, and Blackboard as well as access to KuC computers and printers through your university account.
To claim your automatically created accounts, visit the Easy Login Maintenance Option (ELMO) and selecting either options 2 or 3, verifying your identity, and establishing a password.
Your UA username and password allow access to:
For assistance visit: OIT ELMO Instructions and Help Desk
On a KuC Computer
- Type elmo in the username box
- Type the word password in the password box
On your home (or non-KuC) computer: Go to https://elmo.alaska.edu
Now follow these steps:
- If you know your student ID# choose option 2
- If you do not know your student ID# choose option 3.
- Click GO ELMO
- Carefully answer at least five of the security questions
- Click Confirm
- Your username will be displayed on the next page and you can set your password by filling in the New Password box.
- Click Set Password
- Allow several minutes for your username and password to be established then hit the Ctrl-Alt-Del keys to log out.
- Finally, try to log into a KuC computer with your new credentials. Be sure to keep your passwords in a safe place!
- If you are not at KuC, try to log into your University E-mail at https://www.alaska.edu/google. Click on the Mail icon and enter your UA username and the password you just set in ELMO.
NOTE: A directory or confidentiality hold on your records will prohibit you from using ELMO, so contact your local campus registrar to reset your account.
All incoming UAF students are automatically given an "@alaska.edu" email account once they are actively enrolled in at least one UAF course, usually at the beginning of an academic semester. Activate or reset your password for Google Apps @ UA email accounts by going to the Easy Login Maintenance Option.
Other applications accessible through the Google Apps interface include Google Calendar, Docs, Chat, Video, Groups and Sites.
Access your email using Quicklinks at the top of the screen.
UA Online provides access to registration, your class schedule, grades and transcripts, billing, financial aid, DegreeWorks, student training, and other student and employee services.
Establish your account at https://alaska.edu/uaonline/
- You will need your UA username and password.
- If you don't know your username and password, visit ELMO or got to Get Started above
Blackboard is an online learning management system. It allows students to view and/or download class syllabi, assignments, take tests, participate in online discussions, view grades, and contact their instructor.
Instructors are not required to use Blackboard, but many of them do. Instructors may give students access to their Blackboard class starting a week before classes start but often open course shells the first day of class. It's a good idea to log in BEFORE classes start. On the first day of instruction you don't have access to your Blackboard, contact your instructor.
Log into Blackboard with your UA username and password. If you forgot your username or password select: Help, I forgot my username/password
Introduction to Blackboard Course
KuC offers a free introduction to Blackboard for on campus or distance students. Register for the Online Student Success Course on UAOnline or contact Student Services at 543-4562.
Collaborate is web conferencing software. You and your instructor and classmates can collaborate using audio, video, and recording capabilities. Also available are private and public chat, a whiteboard, application sharing, a clip art library, and the ability to add and edit content at any time.
Access Collaborate through Blackboard, under the Tools option.
- You will need a headset with microphone to participate in audio and video sessions.
- If your instructor is using Blackboard Collaborate to deliver class, first you will need to download Collaborate. It's recommended you start this process 20-40 minutes BEFORE your first class.
For first time users, we recommend visiting the Blackboard Collaborate resource page to make sure that your computer meets the requirements, has the necessary software, and to test out your connection and equipment prior to joining a session.
There are two network offerings throughout campus. UAlaska offers a quick and easy login for current students, faculty, and staff as well as non-affiliated guests. Eduroam offers a more permanent and secure platform for long-term connections. Eduroam does take extra effort to configure but it is recommended for academic purposes because of the added security and convenience of not having to log in each time you want to access the network.
- Connect your computer the "UAlaska" wireless network.
- Once connected, open your web browser and navigate to http://www.uaf.edu; you should be redirected to the login page.
- Click or tap on "UAlaska Full-Access", and login with your UA Username and password (set in ELMO).
Don't know your UA username? Return to "Getting Starting" to activate your account.
If you forgot username or password select: Help, I forgot my username/password
543-4500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
1-800-478-5822; ask for ask for Billie Chavez or Gerry Domnick