High School Application
Applications open February 1, 2015 and are due March 31, 2015
I'm a student. How do I apply?
1. Fill out the online application
3. If you are requesting financial aid, fill out the 'Financial Aid' portion located on the bottom of the application.
Please note - once you begin the application, you must complete it. There are no options to save your progress.
The application requires the following information:
1. General information about the student
2. Essay questions written by you, the student, telling us about yourself and why you would like to attend ASRA.
These answers are important and will help the placement committee decide whether to accept you and which module might be the best fit for you.
Your essays do not have to be a work of art or a perfect document for an english class. It is your chance to introduce yourself, and we want to hear your voice. Tell us about your interests, hobbies, and things you like to do. What would the opportunity of attending ASRA mean to you? What kind of person are you and what can you contribute to ASRA and other students?
You will only need to fill out the short answer about your GPA if you have less then a 2.5 cumulative GPA
3. Module choices - you can choose up to three modules. If you only want to be considered for one module, that's ok, just let us know.
- Students need two references. One must be from a teacher and the other can be a teacher or mentor. References should not be relatives.
- Please send this link to the reference:https://asra.wufoo.com/forms/asra-2015-high-school-reference-form/
- It is the applicant's responsibility to contact their references and to make sure the reference form is submitted before applications close on March 31!
Academic interest We are looking for students who are curious and passionate about learning and who like challenges.
Recommendations We request two references from mentors or teachers and carefully consider their comments.
Good citizenship We are looking for students who are good team members and who will have a positive influence on the world.
Age and maturity Older students are preferred for remote, off campus modules and the Biomedicine module. Instructors are involved in the placement decisions.
Short Answers This is a very important part of the selection process. We want to know what kind of person you are and why you are are interested in the modules you chose.
The placement committee will begin placing students in April. You will be notified by email once all students are placed.
Call Laura Conner @ 907-474-6950
|"I begged my parents to allow me to go. I can’t put the feelings I will get into words if I am accepted into this program. ...I want to make a change in this world." - ASRA Applicant|