AQC Student Travel Grant
• The AQC student travel grant is designed to support undergraduate and graduate students presenting Quaternary-related (see below) papers and posters at national and international meetings. Support for other types of travel will be considered in exceptional cases. Link to previous awardees here.
• The maximum award amount is $1500.
• "Quaternary related" means a strong connection with research associated with the past ca. 2 million years of Earth's history. This includes, but is not limited to: geology, archaeology, paleoecology, or paleoceanography. Modern process studies will be considered only if there are strong and explicit connections with paleo research. For example, a study that correlates the modern distribution of beetles with modern climate would be appropriate because the data could then be used to reconstruct past climates based on the beetle taxa found in ancient sediments.
• We strongly recommend that you contact either the AQC Director or other board members (Contact Info) if you are unsure whether your application is appropriate for the AQC travel grant.
• The applicant is a full-time student at UAF, UAA, or UAS.
• If attending a meeting, the applicant is the lead author on the paper/poster to be presented.
e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the 2013 application
Alaska Quaternary Center
PO Box 755940
900 Yukon Dr.
University of Alaska Fairbanks
Fairbanks, AK 99775-5940