My name's Mikey and Fairbanks is my home. I grew up about 5 minutes from campus and started working in a student position with UAF Career Services shortly after graduating high school. After a year and a half, I took a break from school to think about what degree I wanted to pursue, but I'm back at school and have recently found interest in Digital Journalism. I currently live just north of campus in a cabin without running water— what Alaskans call a dry cabin. Outside of work and school, I like spending time with friends playing video games, watching movies, and making art and music.
- I think UAF history is pretty darn cool.
Photo credit: Archives, University of Alaska Fairbanks
- I adopted a cute little cat just before Father's Day this past year. His name is Barnibus.
- Exploring places on Google Earth is one of my favorite wastes of time.
- I'm about to become an uncle!
- I'm the youngest of 5. My oldest sibling is 20 years older than me.
- One time I found a fossil while camping near Suntrana Creek, just north of Denali National Park.
- Blue is my favorite color.
- My favorite beverage is water.
- I enjoy painting, drawing, photoshop art, and more.
- My dream job would be Hot Air Balloon Pirate... though I hear there isn't much demand for that job right now.