Location & Hours
510 Gruening Building
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Except university holidays and closures)
Make an Appointment
If you are a...
Student with a declared major
Please contact your school/college directly to make an advising appointment. Academic departments can give you the most up-to-date information about your degree requirements.
Student athletes can visit the Athletic Academic Advising page for information related to athletics, academics, and advising.
First generation college students
Are you a first generation college student with limited income and/or a student with a disability? Contact UAF Student Support Services to find our the benefits of this program and if you are eligible.
First year students living in the residence halls
Guiding you through your first year at UAF, the EDGE Program is a residential-based living-learning program designed to enhance the overall student experience by foster a close-knit community.
If you are Alaska Native or from a rural community
Rural Student Services provides a vital link between rural communities and the university and a comprehensive approach for students who expend positive effort in their pursuit of higher education.
Ask an academic advisor...
Direct your questions to our staff at the Academic Advising Center by phone (907) 474-6396 or email us at email@example.com. We will answer information on deadlines, degree and other education requirements and much more. If we do not have the answer we can direct you to the appropriate person or office.
News & Announcements
- IMPORTANT CHANGES FOR FALL 2015 - Please access the link below for course number changes for mathematics as well as course/placement changes for both English, MATH, and Developmental English. Placement tests assess your current abilities in math, reading, and writing and correlate those abilities to the corresponding math, reading, and writing levels in UAF’s developmental and Core curriculum.
- Course lists for Fall 2015 are available: Fall course lists are available at UAOnline.alaska.edu on Monday, March 23, 2015. Registration for Degree-seeking students begins on Monday, April 6, 2015. All degree students need to meet with their major advisor prior to registering for a signature and realease to register. All non-degree students can registering at UAOnline.alaska.edu beginning Monday, April 13, 2015.
- First Year Experience Seminars (FYE), available to first-year freshmen and transfer students, will give you a chance to explore a thought provoking scholarly topic outside of your General Education requirements and earn one credit free! Tuition and fees are paid for students who enroll and complete FYE seminars. Contact the URSA Office 450-8772 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Attention Students and Advisors!! Check out these Learning Resources as a way to academic success! Please note that summer resource flyer is now updated on our website and the Fall lab schedules/learning resources flyer will be updated and posted in the first next weeks of the semester.
- How can you compare majors? Check out our link to major road maps and outcomes at http://www.uaf.edu/outcomes.
- Faculty & Staff Advisors -- Take your Academic Advisor Training now! Complete the training before you begin advising students for registering in Fall 2015 semester courses.